Chapter 3 : Camp What now?

Camp What-now?

"Charlotte... you're a legacy," her grandmother declared.

"I... what?" Charlotte stuttered, her brain went Error 404

"Greek myths I used to tell you? Well, all of them are real," her grandmother explained.

"Mom, she's just 12," Estelle interjected, her voice filled with concern.

"Hon, that was an empusa, a monster attack," her grandmother continued. "Charlie, your parents were demigods, and while I'm not allowed to reveal their godly parentage, you are a legacy. You must go to Camp Half-Blood, a camp for demigods, legacies, nymphs, satyrs, and more."

Charlotte was overwhelmed by this revelation. "I... Camp what now?" still 404.

"So are my parents alive? They're half gods; they should be alive," Charlotte processed, the reality of her situation sinking in.

"Look. They went missing, and while there's a chance they might still be alive, It is not possible you were almost dead with the airbags protecting you there is no way." her grandmother replied gently. "But you should go pack. I'll drop you off at camp."

"I'll miss you, Charlotte," Estelle said, hugging her tightly.

Charlotte realised sheis leaving her family behind, a mix of emotions flooding her. "You... you knew, and you didn't tell me. WHY... WHY..." She couldn't finish her sentence.

Estelle held her close, providing comfort until they both calmed down. 

Finally, Charlotte pulled away and took Estelle to her room to help her pack.

Time passed, and Charlotte had said her goodbyes to her grandfather. Estelle and her grandmother accompanied her to what appeared to be a camp-like place, marked by a prominent pine tree.

Her grandmother dropped her off, her voice filled with love and concern as she spoke. "Charlotte, remember, don't mention my name or Estelle's. Give this letter to Chiron, take care. IM once they teach you how to whenever you're free, and come back after the summer. We'll always be here for you, okay?"

"Sure, Grandma. Bye, Stella," Charlotte replied, her voice filled with mixed emotions.

"Bye," Estelle said, hugging her cousin tightly.

With a heavy heart, Charlotte embraced her grandmother one last time and began the hike up the hill toward Camp Half-Blood, the place where her new, mythic life would begin.

----------------------------------------------

Your Author
Petŕa