Chapter 8: I get claimed

Charlotte PoV

Upon reaching camp, Charlotte swiftly arranged her belongings on her Hermes bunk and eagerly made her way to the beach. There, she found her friends Skye and Bianca waiting for her, their smiles mirrored her own as they greeted her. The trio wasted no time in anking each other abot their summer while splashing water and having a great time.

With a mischievous grin, Charlotte always won in their water games. However, the tables turned when Skye flew decided to carry her and playfully dropped her into the water. This time it was different Charlotte found herself sinking deeper than she had anticipated, and by the time she propelled herself back to the surface, she had involuntarily inhaled water.

Panic set in she was going  to die. The water filling her lungs, but to her astonishment, she realized she could breathe underwater without any difficulty. Opening her eyes underwater, she gasped at her ability and she looked around to see beuatiful fishes around her. She realised that her friends would be worried and kicked upward towards the surface.

Skye and Bianca were worried, relaxed when they saw Charlotte emerge from the water unharmed.

Skye, using her flying powers, carried Charlotte to the shore, while Bianca expressed her relief by hugging her tightly.

 "Are you okay?" Bianca asked her before Charlie could reply the sound of the conch horn blowing three times rang through the air, signaling an attack.

Though Charlotte needed a moment to catch her breath, she urged her friends to head to the battle without her. They cast one last concerned glance her way before runing.

As they left, Charlotte took a moment to recover by the shore, the gravity of her recent experience still sinking in. She realized something crucial – she was a legacy of Poseidon, granting her the ability to breathe underwater. This revelation led her to contemplate her divine heritage, and she began to say, "So... I am the daughter of P-" before gasping in shock.

Her attention was suddenly diverted by the sight of a woman lying on the beach, covered in scars and bruises, unconscious but alive. Charlotte checked for a pulse, relieved to find that the woman was still breathing. Her empathetic nature prompted her to take in the woman's features – a sun-kissed Californian tan and honey-blonde princess curls.

Swiftly, Charlotte made her way to inform Chiron about the situation, shit she forgot about the attak. She activated the button on her bracelet, which transformed it into her weapon Storm.

Charlotte dashed into the midst of the battle, where her friends Skye and Bianca were locked in combat with a Minotaur. They shared determined looks, silently agreeing on a plan before charging from different angles.

Skye leapt into the air and stabbed the Minotaur in the eye, while Bianca aimed for its thigh. Charlotte joined in by thrusting her weapon into the Minotaur's stomach. Their coordinated efforts led to a synchronized strike, causing the Minotaur to disintegrate into a cloud of golden dust.

With high-fives, they turned their attention to the smaller monsters that remained, resolved to protect their fellow campers.

After defeating the last Empusa, Charlotte rushed to Chiron to deliver the news but was interrupted as all eyes turned to her. She wondered if there was something wrong she had done, only to realize that everyone was staring at the top of her head.

Looking up, she saw a fading gray and green light, and the realization dawned upon her – she had been claimed by her divine parent.

In that moment, Chiron declared, "Hail Charlotte Zoe Jackson, Legacy of Athena, goddess of wisdom, and Poseidon, God of the seas, daughter of Annabeth Chase and Perseus Jackson."

‐---------------------------‐-------------------------
Cliffhangers
Cliffhangers
Cliffhangers

Peace✌