Chapter 13: Lies

Lies

(Time skip to a week later)

When Charlotte and her mother, Annabeth, left the Poseidon cabin after a simple lunch, little did they know that their day would take a bewildering turn. Charlotte had a burning question on her mind, one that had been gnawing at her ever since her mother had dropped a bombshell during their conversation.

"Mom?" Charlotte called out to Annabeth as they walked through the camp.

"Mhm, yes, Charlotte," Annabeth replied, her expression curious as she turned to look at her daughter.

"What did you mean by you only left for 3 years?" Charlotte asked, her brows furrowing in confusion as she recalled her mother's earlier statement.

"Yes, the accident occurred when you were 9. Is something wrong?" Annabeth replied, her forehead creasing in concern.

"WHAT? The accident was when I was born. No one knew me here," Charlotte said, her frustration and confusion evident.

"Well, you've never been here. We lived in Camp Jupiter with... with Percy, and then we decided to bring you here, but the accident happened. Did you forget everything about me and d... dad?" Annabeth explained, her voice tinged with sadness.

"I don't remember living with you," Charlotte admitted, her mind racing as she desperately tried to piece together her fragmented memories.

"Charlotte, the memories... they might be fake, or someone made you all forget. Oh my gods, I need a council meeting right now. Come," Annabeth said thoughtfully, her concern deepening.

With that, Annabeth hurried out of the cabin, leaving a perplexed Charlotte trailing behind her. They reached the Big House, where Annabeth wasted no time in demanding a council meeting.

"Hello, Annabeth, can I know what's wron—"

"Chiron, council meeting right now."

"But Anna—"

"Chiron, right now, an emergency," Annabeth insisted, her urgency palpable.

Chiron nodded in acquiescence and quickly went to gather the other cabin councillors. Charlotte, still bewildered, couldn't help but wonder what could be so pressing that her mother had called for an emergency council meeting.

"What's wrong, Mom?" Charlotte finally mustered the courage to ask.

Annabeth remained silent, her thoughts seemingly consumed by the weight of whatever revelation she was about to share. Shortly after, the cabin councillors assembled, and they all greeted Annabeth with warmth and respect, offering words like "hello" and "glad to have you back, Annabeth."

They settled around the Ping Pong table, and it was apparent that Charlotte and Annabeth occupied the seats reserved for the Poseidon cabin.

"So why did you bring us here, Annabeth?" Chiron inquired, his brow furrowing with curiosity.

"I need to explain something, but before that, I want to ask you all a question," Annabeth began.

"Go ahead, Annabeth," Aunt Hazel encouraged.

"How long was me and Percy missing?" Annabeth queried.

Charlotte noticed a collective flinch from the mention of her father's name, Percy.

"Annabeth, you know the answer," Aunt Clarisse replied, her voice hesitant.

"Still, though, tell me," Annabeth pressed.

"Uh, 12 years?" Uncle Jason ventured, his confusion evident.

"Exactly, NO!" Annabeth exclaimed, her voice filled with frustration.

"What do you mean?" Chiron inquired, concern etched across his face.

"Someone has changed your memories to us missing for about 11 years, but we were only gone for nearly 3 years," Annabeth declared.

"But why would someone do that?" Uncle Frank wondered aloud.

"I have a lead," Annabeth replied cryptically.

Annabeth continued, "After the crash, my memories are faint. Someone had tried to erase them too but failed. You see, after the crash, Percy and I brought Charlotte back to Sally's. We thought she'd be safe there because the vehicle that crashed onto us was driven by an empusa. We knew it was not safe."

"Percy then took me to the beach so we could contact someone and heal our wounds. Then we were informed by a nymph that a bunch of monsters were searching for us. We decided that it was better for us to stay away from others. We camped near the beach. Percy and I controlled the mist and made it seem like we both were dead in the crash. And for only Sally and Paul, we made it seem like Charlie survived and we were dead."

"We nearly camped there undercover for six months. We decided that we would go check on Charlie, but it seemed like she didn't remember."

"Then it hit us that something big was happening. Our mistake was staying away for 6 months." By this time, everyone at the meeting was shocked.

"Continue, dear," Chiron urged, his expression both curious and concerned.

"We searched and found out that everyone seemed to forget Charlotte's existence. We came to the conclusion that if someone messed with memories, it was most probably the only person related to memories—"

"Mnemosyne, Titan of memories, sister to Kronos, daughter of Ouranos," Charlotte interjected, her eyes widening in realization.

Mom smiled, acknowledging her daughter's astuteness. "Exactly," she confirmed.

"But she is a peaceful Titan like Hecate," Aunt Piper noted, her voice tinged with confusion.

"The five main Titan sisters were always peaceful and remained neutral. So someone must have forced her to do this," Annabeth explained.

"But who would?" Uncle Conner pondered aloud.

Then it all clicked into place for Charlotte. "Kronos, for revenge," she stated, her voice filled with dread as the weight of their predicament settled upon them.

----------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger

I love Cliffhangers yay.

Anyways tell me what you think.

Petra