A Matter of Trust

Lufner spent the rest of the day away and returned just before sunset.

He met a sizeable sack near the door after closing it behind him and looked around, soon coming upon his wife in the bath.

He walked around to face her and she only dipped deeper into the water. Her hair was loosened and piled on top her head in fear of getting it wet.

"I'm home."

She finally looked at him and gasped when he discarded his shirt and pants. He then climbed in with her and sighed at the warmth.

They never took baths together despite her wishes.

He preferred quick washes and deemed it boring to waste away in a tub of water.

This was new and although delighted, Namitha dampened her pleasure and stood to leave.

"Stay."

Namitha complied albeit reluctant.

"Come."

"I don't think I want to, Lufner. In case you forgot, earlier we had a fight."

"I don't remember a fight."

"Well I do, and I-..."

"Come."

Namitha caved in and Lufner took her in his arms and pressed her head to his chest. She brought arms to wrap around his waist, sighed, and melted into him.

"Will you ever forgive me?"

"I forgive you."

Namitha pulled away, regarding him with a quizzical brow. Forgiveness was granted too easily, so she tested the waters and leaned into him. The candles in her mind, flickered bright when he moved his face cleanly to the side.

Namitha blinked and tilted her head. She should have known.

"Am I to be punished, Luffy?" she asked.

"Of course."

Namitha wondered if Lufner forgot the position they were in.

"I won't beg this time."

"Never said you had to."

"Fine."

Namitha thought she could throw him off-guard by straddling him but he didn't think things through the moment his fingers brushed her sides and strum her ribs.

Her hair she tried desperately to keep dry, was soaked wet when she coiled backwards from him. Water splashed everywhere and Namitha hurried to the water's surface.

Her ears filled with his laughter and Namitha screamed the moment Luffy gained in on her, cornering her in the tub and tickled the living daylights out of her.

Never had she laughed so hard in her life. She hated him at that moment.

"Bastard," she giggled and gasped, leaning against the tub as her husband grinned down at her.

"Bastard," she said again and waited hopeful when his smile went away and as he studied her face. His eyes went from hers to her lips.

Still, he would not kiss her.

Namitha's bottom lip quivered and she went to him and cried in his neck. His arms came tight around her frame. Just when she felt herself slipping away, he kept her together.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that you're sorry. We will grow from this."

"But I-"