A Longing

Namitha took Usoff's advice.

Upon their farewell, she asked him a huge favour. That was to tell Lufner she was off to see her mother and to not bother come looking for her since she would be home soon.

Well, that evening turned over into the next day. And that day became three.

Namitha's visit did not please Belhild.

She made it clear as day when she made Namitha promise not to see her until the passing of 2 moons. It had not been a month and here she was snuggled and sleeping peacefully at her side like a babe that still groped for milk.

During that time, she wanted her daughter to get used to her new life and husband.

One visit she knew would have been difficult to pull Namitha away.

She had been well. Not better but well. She still had strength in her bones but had not enough to walk about at her leisure; still relying on the help of her servants.

Upon Namitha's seeing her, the poor child burst into tears and clung to her for hours.

Genzic had no complaints. He spoiled Namitha bitter. Before Belhild would have a say in the matter and Namitha grew to have a mind of her own but the child only grew stubborn.

For this, Namitha was made to swear that she would not come. That she would do as instructed and focus on her new life. But she loved her too much. So she said and nothing was going to change her mind.

"Luffy..." Namitha muttered in her sleep and Belhild could only imagine the state the poor man was in.

"Nami." She shook her daughter's shoulder. "Nami, wake up."

Namitha awakened, groggily at first but perked up upon seeing her mother.

"Return to your husband."

Her smile went away.

"I can't. Not yet. What if..?"

"I'll be fine. And by the gods, for the time being, I'll continue being fine. What about Lufner?"

"I haven't been gone for long. Luffy will understand. He has to."

"Three days is a long time. Especially with no explanation. If he were you-"

"Three days?" Namitha's eyes were wide and unblinking. "Surely it has only been a day."

Belhild was sorry she did not tell her sooner. Time waited on no one. Not even the young.

"No sweetie."

"I must go. I'll be back as soon as I can... Three days!" she hastily put on her shoes.

Namitha did not know what came over her. She thought it impossible to stray from Lufner's side without the nagging feeling of wanting to be close to him as soon as possible.

She liked him that much. Loved him that much and you did not have to ask for she knew: She was being a selfish, rebellious, thoughtless and unfeeling wife. And the chances for amendment were slim.