A Wedding

When Namitha rose that morning, she vowed that there will be a wedding and so said so done.  

Earl Genzic could not be more pleased.  

"Today is a joyous day.  My daughter is married!  May the gods smile upon this blessed day.  Skol!!" 

"Skol!" The guests resounded and raised their bull horns brimming with ale. 

 Buoyant music played in the background and those who wanted to dance to their heart's content did so with all the merriment in the world poised in their hips and prancing legs.  

The ceremony at length was nearing its end and a toast was made for the bride and groom in the name of the goddess, Freyja.   

Namitha set her attention on her husband seated beside her, raising her horn to clink with his.

"Skol, " she said.

"Skol."

Lufner smiled that handsome smile of his, replaced his bull horn in its holder and resumed eating the grandeur meal before him. 

 He fascinated her.  

"What is your name again?"

The woman glowered and the Viking scratched his hair.

"I'm sorry."

"Namitha."

"Okay."

"Say it."

"Namitha."

"Good.  Don't you dare forget it." 

"How could I?  You are now my wife."

Namitha narrowed her eyes and watched him lick his dish clean.  She touched the bloodied ring on her finger as if reminding herself of what she had done.  But even then she felt no regret.  

"Did you want something?"

"Oh yes.  Are you going to eat that?"

Nami regarded her barely touched meal of seasoned pork and buttered bread.  To her right, her third cup of ale stood dry.  

"Haven't you had enough already?" she said but before he could answer, she had long given him her plate.  Lufner devoured it in a matter of seconds.  

"Whatever is the matter with you?  Not hungry?"

"No."

"But it's good."

"I know but I've been anxious all day and my stomach has no need for food."

"Anxious?  Why?"

Earl Genzic stood up from his throne and took one long drink from his cup.  After having his fill, he wiped his greying beard dry and said in a loud voice,

"It is time for the bride and groom to enter the bed-chamber."

"What?"