eight

as weeks passed by, i still wasnt over what happened. i hadnt seen anyone, and i had no way to contact them. not a number, not anything.

i did have one thing through, which was slash's moms house. i had been with him once so he could get some of his gear. never met his mom though.

i mean, i could always go to his moms and see if he's there, right? i guess it wouldnt hurt to try, and maybe she could point me in the right direction if he wasnt there.

i rolled out of bed and looked at myself in the dusty mirror. i had no motivation to clean, and my room was getting pretty disgusting. it felt like i was going through a heartbreak.

i took a quick hot shower before getting changed and grabbing my small backpack. it was afternoon, so mom and dad were at work, and ruby was at school.

i exited the house and grabbed my bike from inside the gate, before hopping on and taking a left turn from the house. the clouds were getting darker so i hoped it wouldnt rain on me.

within fifteen minutes, i stopped my bike in front of the house. i hesitantly walked to the front door and raised my hand to knock. it took me a few seconds, but i finally did it.

a few moments later, a woman answered. she had to of been slash's mom. "hi uhm, im a friend of slash- or sum saul, and i was just wondering if he's here or has been?" i nervously stated.

"sorry hun, he hasnt been here for a while" she apoligized. "thats alright...do you know where he might be?" "no, sorry" she sadly smiled. "right, thanks" i smiled, turning on my heels.

i got back onto my bike and started riding away as the rain started to pour. and to think i'd find him again....

3 months later

"la la? i'm sorry" a voice spoke from the other side of my door. i didnt respond, and instead stayed where i was on my bed. i was cuddled up with my stuffed bunny rabbit.

"can i come in?" ruby asked again. i huffed out and rolled my eyes. "fine." she entered the room and sat on the end of my bed, staring at me intensely.

"i didnt mean to do that to you" she confessed, with a sad look on her face. "i really wish you didnt do that rue" i sighed out. "i miss duff" she frowned.

"me too, but they're gone" i spoke. she slowly nodded and looked down into her lap. "can we talk to them?" she asked, making me sit up.

"i dont know where any of them are, or how to contact them...you ruined that." she went to open her mouth but quickly zipped it shut.

"you probably hate me" she sighed. "i dont hate you...i just need space" i admitted. "you've been ignoring me for months!" she yelled, tears starting to slip from her eyes.

sure, i was being an asshole. for the past four months, i had been ignoring rue and mom. other than going to work or out, i just stayed in my room.

mom tried to talk to me, but she was the last person i wanted to talk to. i wasnt super mad at dad though, so i'd still have conversations with him.

the way tears clouded ruby's eyes made me feel kinda bad. "rue im sorry" i sighed, holding my arms out for her. she hesitantly moved over into my body.