twelve

1986

"laila? laila? laila? laila-" "god rue, what do you want?" i groaned, swinging my bedroom door open. "watcha doing in there?" she questioned, peering her head in. "none of your business" i smirked.

"thats rude" she frowned. "since its my birthday, do you wanna play mario with me?" she smiled. "arent your friends gonna be here soon?" i questioned, furrowing my brows.

"i mean yeah, but i wanted to hang with you" she shrugged. "well i gotta finish something quickly and then i gotta help mom out" i explained, feeling slightly bad.

"okay" she sadly sighed, turning around and heading back downstairs. once she was out of sight, i shut the door and continued wrapping her birthday present.

i had gotten her a really pretty necklace that i knew she'd love. it was kinda expensive too, but with how much i was working i was able to afford it.

i also got her a few vinyls and some more colouring stuff. i wanted to go all out for her, since i finally had the money for it. slash had a gift for her too, but he was at a meeting right now with the guys.

i wasnt sure what the meeting was about, since he didnt say much. but hopefully it's a good thing, cause i'd hate for him to be in a bad mood today.

i finished everything up and slid the stuff under my bed for now, while i went downstairs to help mom decorate the cake.

"hey mom" i spoke, entering the kitchen. "hey sweets. i got all the stuff laid out so you can work your magic" mom smiled. "alright, where are you going?" i asked, noticing her grab the car keys.

"i promised rue i'd buy her ice cream, so i'm going to do that before everyone gets here" she spoke. "ok" i nodded, sitting down at the table.

when the house was silent i got to work. i wasnt sure how to decorate it. for a moment i thought about making duff's face, but i laughed too hard and decided not to.

a few seconds later, someone walked through the front door, making me furrow my brows. mom and rue couldnt be back that quick. i peeked my head out and sighed out when it was just slash.

"hey baby" i called, catching him off guard. "hey, where's everyone?" he questioned, walking into the kitchen. "mom and rue and are getting ice cream and dad should be on his way home" i shrugged.

"what are you doing?" he laughed, motioning to the cake. "trying to figure out how to decorate it" i shrugged, sitting back down. "you should draw duff's face" he suggested.

"i was thinking that too!" i giggled, shaking my head. "maybe flowers or something" i hummed. "cmon laila...does she seem like a flower person to you?" he asked, raising his brow.

"you're right" i nodded. as i sat there for a few minutes, i started drawing whatever with the icing. some mario themed thing since she was so obsessed with the game.

"so, how was the meeting?" i asked, looking up at him for a moment. "we got signed" he spoke. "no way!" i yelled, dropping everything to jump up and wrap my arms tightly around him.

"im so proud of you" i smiled, inhaling his scent before pulling back to look at him. "thank you" he smiled. "of course...but why didnt you tell me right when you walked through the door?" i joked.