Chapter 1: The start

There was a girl named Claira, she was blind since birth, She is now a high school student studying in a blind school where teachers teach braille and other stuff for them. She only walks to school together with her loving and loyal companion 'Champ', Champ was a golden retriever that was trained to assist blind people, Champ was a smart dog and very helpful for Claira.

 Then one day there was a guy named Quentin, he was from Alaska, but since he was on vacation, he visited the school for the blind to meet up with his mother, who was the owner of the school, but she wasn't blind at all.

"So, Quentin, ready to help me teach starting today?"

"No." he said. Quentin was the type of guy who is anti-social, firstly, he is gothic, he always wear black shirts, skinny jeans, and he never leaves home without a scarf around his neck.

"Aw come on, let's go inside, i want you to meet some students here who are incredibly wonderful." she said then Quentin rolled his eyes and sighed. His mother pulled him inside then he followed her lazily. He put his earphones on and played some tunes on his ipod. He has never seen a lot of blind people all in one place before since he always hang out with his bad-influenced friends.

"Quentin this is..." his mother spoke but he kept looking around the place, he couldn't hear anything because of his earphones.

"Quentin." His mother said again pulling out his earphones.

"Was that really necessary?" he asked glaring at his mother.

"I want you to meet one of my students, her name's Bella, she is very smart and very beautiful..." his mother kept on talking when his mind suddenly flew away.

"Quentin, are you listening?" she asked.

"Yeah yeah whatever...i hate this place..." he mumbled.

Meanwhile with Claira, she was scanning some books using braille of course. When she found the book she wanted, she rented it and left the library. "Let's go champ." she said with her kind, soft voice. Champ barked and led her the way to the hallway. Few seconds later, Champ stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"What's wrong boy?" she asked. Champ kept whining in the sight of a cat in the other end of the hallway.

"Meow." said the cat.

"Champ, no, no, down boy." she said. Then Champ kept barking for the cat, until finally he ran towards the cat. Claira struggled on getting free from the dog lace since her hand was wrapped to it.

"Champ no! Down boy!" she shouted. Champ turned to the hallway where there were a lot of students, some students got knocked down while Claira kept on struggling. When she finally removed the lace from her hand, she landed on someone.

"Ow! Watch where you're going!" Quentin said.

"I-I'm terribly sorry." she said. They both sat up and Quentin stared at her for a while.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"i'm fine, i'm very sorry for that." she answered.

"No, it's fine, it wasn't your fault you couldn't see." he said as he took her hand to stand up.

"T-Thank you." she said with a warming smile.

"No problem." he smiled slightly to her.

"Claira are you alright?" Quentin's mother asked.

"I-I'm fine, I didn't know what's gotten into Champ, he just ran away when he saw a cat."  she said.

"A cat? Cats aren't allowed here." she said.

"Well, Champ saw one, do you mind getting him for me?" she asked.

"Sure sweetie, don't worry about Champ, we're going to find him, and in the meantime my son will escort you to the nurse's office.

"Okay, thank you ma’Am." she said. Quentin took her to the nurse's office and waited for the nurse to come back.

"I'm really sorry for knocking you down at the hallway, my dog didn't mean It." she said with a frown.

"It's fine, really, stop apologizing." he said.

"Right...Sorry." she said then Quentin chuckled.

"You're very strange you know that?" he said.

"How so?" she asked.

"You just are."

"In a good way right?" she asked again.

"Of course." he smiled.

"What's your na-"

"Alright, Uuhm, young handsome boy, do you mind leaving for a minute?" the nurse asked cutting off Claira. Quentin left the room then Claira giggled.

"What's wrong sweetie?" the nurse asked.

"Nothing." she smiled. Few minutes later, Claira got out of the nurse's office with a bandage around her knees.

"Well, here's your dog." he said. he took Claira's hand and placed the dog lace on her hand.

"Thanks." she smiled.

"no problem, see ya." he said then he left. Claira Went home and read the book she rented from her school's library. Her big sister Kana was downstairs cooking her some food, she wasn't really blind so she had to help her little sister in their house while their mother was on a business trip.

"So, how was school Claira?" kana asked.

"It was fine, i knocked out my teacher's son because of Champ."

"Was he handsome?" she asked.

"How should i know? i'm blind." she laughed.

"Oh you know what i mean." she smiled.

"Oooh…" Claira nodded.

 "well, i don't know i somehow couldn't figure him out." she shrugged.

"Oooh…" Kana nodded.

"So, when is mom coming home?" Claira asked.

"I don't know, she hasn't called me yet."

"Well, i hope she comes home now, my operation was moved."

"When? who told you?" Kana asked.

"My doctor told me, she visited me at school today." Claira smiled.

"Oooh, well, i'll try talking to mom about it, so 'til when is your operation?" she asked again.

"Next month." she said then Kana was close to choking on her own food.

"N-Next month?! Wow!"

"What's wrong with that?" Claira asked with squinted eyes.

"Nothing, it's great actually but...our savings are still not enough for the operation."

"Oh..." she looked down.

"But don't worry, i'll try saving a lot of money for it." Kana smiled.

"Thanks Kana, you're the best." Claira smiled back.

"Sooo...you done eating?" Kana asked then Claira nodded. Claira stood up then Champ ran to her.

"Let's go upstairs Champ." Claira said then they both went upstairs carefully.

#########################################

I hope this one goes well for me :) 

Thanks for reading it, i appreciate it! <3