Chapter 12: The accident

A minute later, they broke apart and there was this awkward silence for about 10 seconds…

“Q-Quentin?” Claira decided to break the ice.

“Y-Yeah?”

“That wasn’t supposed to happen.”

“Why do you say that?” he asked.

“Because, I’m with Quinn now and...we’re just friends.” She said then Quentin’s heart was beating fast, then his vision went black again, he stood up and breathed…

“Quentin? What’s wrong?” Claira stood up and held his forearm.

“Uuuh, i-it’s nothing.” He forced out a smile.

“Are you sure? Can you breathe?” she asked.

“Yeah, I just remembered, I had something important to do at home.” He said.

“Oh, but before you go, can I have your phone number?” she smiled.

“Uuuh, sure.” He said. He dictated his phone number while Claira typed it on her phone and saved it.

“Alright, see ya…And don’t tell Quinn about this.” She said.

“I won’t.” he said. His vision cleared up again then he sighed in relief, he ran downstairs and said goodbye to Kana, he went out to Quinn’s car and drove off. He stopped as he got caught by a red light. He massaged his eye lids for a while as it aches. He drove carefully through the street as he had difficulty seeing in the dark because of his disease. Few seconds later, everything went blank…

With Quinn…

“This girl is on FIIIIRE!” he sang in his room. He turned the volume down when he heard the phone ringing. He went downstairs and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“May I ask if you have any relation with Quentin Flynn?” a female’s voice came from the other side.

“Yes, he’s my brother, who is this?”

“This is doctor Rachel from the downtown hospital, I think you should come to the hospital immediately.”

“I’ll be there.” He said then he hung up. He used his motorcycle and went to the hospital as fast as he could.

At the hospital…

“What happened to him?” he asked the doctor.

“Well, he had a terrible car accident just an hour ago and he had a lot of fractured bones, and what happened to his neck?” she asked.

“Oh, he got pricked by a rose thorn and it got infected so I treated it.” He said.

“Well, looks like we have another doctor here.”

“I’m actually still a medical student.” He said.

“Good, so maybe you can answer some questions we asked Quentin when he was still conscious.” She said.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Well, he told us that the traffic light was green when he was about to pass but when we watched the tape from the CCTV cameras, the light was red. Either he’s lying or he’s colorblind.” She said.

“He has cone-rod dystrophy, he definitely had an error on his color vision, so he mistook red to green, and he also had difficulty on seeing in the dark. He didn’t want anyone knowing about his disease except for me.” He explained.

“Well, he shouldn’t be driving then, was the car he crashed his car?” she asked.

“No it was actually mine.”