Chapter 20: Realization

“C-Claira, how did you know I was here?” I asked.

“Does that really matter right now?” she said as tears came rolling down her cheeks.

“No, Claira I’m so sorry. Trust me, I had nothing to do with this, Ashton set me up, okay?” I explained.

“I don’t care if he set you up, you still said things that really hurt…And I guess I have him to thank for that.” She sobbed and left.

“C-Claira, wait! You’re seriously gonna get mad at me for saying the truth? Besides, you’re not blind anymore. If there’s anyone who’s going to have a hard time doing things, it’s you.” I said.

“You’re not making any sense.” She said as she kept walking.

“You know what, you’re right…just…never mind, go find someone who can see well than me, so he can look after you more.” I dropped my head forward and sighed. She then called a taxi-cab and left without leaving any word.

“Quentin, let’s go home.” Quinn came back.

“I’m not done with Ashton yet.” I clenched my fist again, prepared to give one more punch in the face. 

“Yes you are. And so is he…He already left.” He said.

“That coward…” 

“Would you just shut up? Just accept the fact that you screw up with everything!” he raised his voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry I’m not as perfect as YOU!” I yelled at him.

“I’m not perfect, nobody is.” 

“Yeah well tell that to everyone we know.” I said then we went home without saying any more words to each other.

“Quentin! Honey are you alright? Quinn told us you were at the police station.” Mom asked holding my beaten-up face.

“It’s a long story mom, but don’t worry, everything’s okay.”

“Well, alright sweetie. By the way, Claira came over here and asked where you were so I told her that Quinn was picking you up from the station.” 

“I know, we saw each other at the station.” I said lowering my voice.

“Oh, that’s nice.” She said then my vision went blank again. It’s been a while since this happened to me. But this time it lasted for two minutes. When my vision went back to normal, my heart rate became abnormal. It got worse than ever.

“Quentin? Are you alright? Is it your eyes?” mom held my shoulder with worried eyes. 

“I’ll be in my room for a while.” I said.

“Alright, you go rest now.” Mom said then I went to my room.

.

.

.

.

**The next day**

(Claira’s POV)

.

.

.

.

“Champ…stop it…” I mumbled still half-asleep as Champ kept licking my face to wake me up.

“Chaaamp, bad dog. Your saliva stinks.” I said as I sat up to make him stop. He barked at me and wagged his tail, always happy to see me. 

“You love me, right champ? You’ll never leave me.” I smiled at him then I ruffled his fur.

“Claira, someone’s here to see you.” Kana called from downstairs.