Chapter 8: The fight

After that day, Quentin made his way to his mother’s van and sat in front…

When he got to school, he quickly searched for Claira to assist, but he had no luck on finding her. After school, He went to Claira’s house and saw Kana about to come back home with poster on her hands.

“Hey, Why didn’t Claira go to school?” Quentin asked Kana as she opened their front door.

“Champ is missing and Claira feels very depressed, you should talk to her.” She said. She let Quentin in and took him to Claira’s room.

“Claira?” Kana called from outside her room.

“Have you found him?” she asked opening her door.

“Not yet, but Quentin’s here with me.” She said.

“Oh, w-well…come in.” she said with a frown. Quentin walked in and observed her whole room. It was very plain and very quiet. She had light blue walls, a white curtain, a large bed, a study desk and bean bag who he guessed, is for champ.

“I’ve heard about Champ…are you alright?” he asked.

“Of course not…champ was my best friend.” She started crying.

“Then what am i?” he asked with a slight smile.

“I don’t even know anything about you, aside from the fact that you used to be fat.” She said.

“Aw c’mon, you don’t need to know anything about me.”

“Uuuh, yes I do.”

“Well, I can tell you everything about me later when you let me take you out.”

“Out to where?” she asked.

“Anywhere, let’s find Champ together while talking about each other.”

“That’s not a bad idea, let’s go.” She said while sniffing. Then they went off…

“So, where’s your dad?” he asked.

“Uuuh…I don’t have a father.” She said.

“That’s impossible, of course you do.”

“Well, maybe I do have a father but…I don’t really know him.” She shook her head.

“Oh so…he left you guys?” he asked.

“I guess.” She shrugged.

“You’re not even a bit worried about that?” he asked again.

“Well, no.” she said.

“Oh…”

“How about you? How’s your family?” she asked.

“Well…our family is kind of complicated.” He said.

“How?” she tilted her head.

“Well…Mom and dad’s parents are rivals.”

“Seriously? Who’s the bad one?”

“Mom’s parents…” he said.

“Oh, isn’t it hard?”

“Oh it’s VERY hard, try spending Christmas and thanksgiving with them.” 

“I’m really sorry for that.” She said.

“Not it’s okay.” He chuckled.

“So, do you have your own house in Alaska?” she said changing the topic.

“I just stay with my grandparents.”

“Which one?”

“My dad’s parents.”