Chapter 30: Coming Up With A Plan

November 6th, 2014
3:30 PM

I began to walk around the place trying to come up with a plan that would let the slaves escape, but so far I hadn't found any.

I have been walking around for what felt like hours now, and just before I gave up my foot hit the top of a sewer.

I then smiled.

I pried the cover of the sewer off the ground and began to climb down the ladder.

It stunk, but who cared?

I mean if you wanted to leave badly you wouldn't care what you had to do in order to escape.

I needed to find out where this sewer led to.

Hopefully it led to some place far, like another town or something, somewhere Louis and the other guards couldn't track the runaway slaves to.

I soon found myself walking for hours and when i finally reached the other side, I climbed up the ladder and pushed the cover of the sewer up and climbed out. I looked around to see a Welcome To Tioga County sign, this was perfect, the slaves could easily cross the border to Pennsylvania and be home free.

He smiled and began to make his way back to the other side of the sewer.

It took me a few more hours, but I finally made it back to the Trolley's right in time for dinner.

I climbed up the ladder and pushed the cover of the sewer upwards and got out.

I quickly put the sewer's cover back in it's original place and walked towards the Cafeteria Trolley, to find everyone already seated down eating.

I got in line and thanked the Cafeteria ladies as they put some food on my tray.

That night they were having Spaghetti and Meatballs with corn and Sweet Peas.

I grabbed a bottle of sprite and made my way to the guard's table and sat down, everyone sending me a questioning look.

Harry looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Where have you been man, we were all worried about you." Harry asked, concerned.

I bit my lip nervously and chuckled.

"I was out in the woods smoking, there's nothing for you guys to worry about, I'm fine." I said, smiling as I began to eat my food as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

The guards all nodded and went back to eating and talking about their guarding shifts.

Harry looked at me and smiled.

"I just wanted to thank you again Bob for helping me get together with Liam." He said, giving me a friendly smile.

I smiled back and chuckled.

"Don't worry about it man." I say, patting his back, before continuing to eat my spaghetti.

This spaghetti was the shit, like no joke, I would kill for this damn spaghetti.

I soon finished my food and got up to dump my tray.

I hit my tray against the side of the trash can and put it on a metal cart with the others.

I shoot Niall a wink as I made my way to the door.

I opened the door and walked out of the trolley.

I was pretty proud of myself for finding a way for the slaves to escape.

Now all I had to do was find out when to put my plan into action and how many people were to go at a time.