Chapter 33: The Escape Plan

November 7th, 2014
12:00 PM

Later that day I somehow convinced the guards to let me speak to the slaves in private.

"Alright everyone I'm on a time limit so I gotta make this fast. As most of you probably know by now I am not an actual guard here, my name is Zayn Malik. I've come here to save all of you. Now I have a plan for all of you to escape which will take effect tomorrow evening, so I need all of you to listen carefully." I explained.

The slaves all began to murmur among themselves rather loudly.

"And how can we trust you?" An teenage boy asked.

"Yeah, he's right." Another person said, agreeing with the stranger.

I then pointed over at Niall.

"Because that is my boyfriend, and I would never want to put his life in danger." I said, calmly.

Everyone murmured among themselves again, before coming to an conclusion that they could indeed trust me.

"Alright, so 20 people will escape at a time so that it won't be obvious that people are missing." I said, making everyone nod.

"We will escape through the sewers since it's one place Louis will never expect." I said, taking out a map of the underground tunnel.

Everyone once again nodded, allowing me to continue explaining my plan.

"So each escape team will be selected by last name. A-E will be first, F-I second, J-M third, N-Q fourth, R-V fifth, and W-Z last." I explained.

"Each team will leave to enter the sewer within an 40 minute interval to make sure the escape plan is not obvious." I continued, sternly.

After going over the plan for about 40 minutes, I asked if anyone had any questions.

Niall raised his hand.

"Yes Niall?" I asked, smiling softly.

"You said we were leaving by last name right?" He said, looking at the ground.

"Yes that's correct." I said, nodding my head.

"Well, doesn't that mean I leave with the second group instead of the last group?" He said, clenching his fists.

"Um, yes that's correct." I said, not quite understanding what he was trying to say.

"So that means you lied to me, I'm not really leaving with you after all, am I Zayn?" Niall said, looking up.

That was when I saw that Niall was crying.

I felt my heart literally shatter at the sight.

"Niall, I'm sorry but I'm only trying to protect you." I said, looking at him.

"Well maybe I don't want to be protected, maybe I just wanna be with you Zayn! What if your plan doesn't work? What if I die and my last image is filled with decomposing waste?! I want my last image before death to be of you!" He said, raising his voice.

I took a step back, shocked at Niall's outburst.

"I understand Niall, but I just can't let you escape with the last group, it's too risky." I said, defending myself.

Everyone began to murmur among themselves.

"Maybe Niall's right."

"No, that Zayn guy is only trying to protect his boyfriend."

I bit my lip not knowing what to do.

Niall, who was getting fed up with response, pushed past me and walked out the trailer.

I sighed.

No matter what happens, all I know is that Niall will escape.