Chapter 2

1986

"I look like a beached whale," whined Dani as the front door opened, her and Robin walking in, a ridiculous amount of shopping bags in hand. "This is such bullshit. I am not going to be able to see my own feet soon."

	"Hey, don't talk about my girl like that

"Hey, don't talk about my girl like that. You do not look like a beached whale. You are absolutely stunning," Eddie said as he moved over to her, one hand resting on her belly, the other gently caressing her cheek before he removed the bags from her hands, kissed her, and set them on the couch in her mom's living room.

Her mom had agreed to let Eddie move in after they'd shared the news. She'd been shocked and clearly a bit concerned, but she'd rallied quickly, telling them both that a baby was by far not the worst thing that could happen to them. Eddie had watched as Dani visibly sagged with relief, having been so concerned that her mom would be disappointed in her. Uncle Wayne had also been more than willing to let them stay with him but Eddie figured there was more space here than in the trailer and everyone would be a bit more comfortable cohabitating. That didn't stop his uncle from popping over almost every day just to check on them and the growing little one in Dani's belly. 

"You're a liar," Dani told him, making her way into the living room, one hand on her lower back. "Sweet, but a liar."

"I am not lying," he argued, and he meant it. He hadn't thought it was possible for Dani to be more beautiful than she already was, but she was even more stunning pregnant. She had this ethereal glow about her and there was just something about seeing her stomach swelling over time, knowing she was growing a little human that they'd created together, that just took his breath away. Women were fucking incredible. It blew his mind that she was growing a whole entire person, her body giving it everything it needed to be healthy and strong. He couldn't keep his hands off of her, not that he ever could before she was carrying his child. "You are the most gorgeous creature I have ever seen."

"Ugh...could you guys be any more sweet? You're giving me a stomachache after that big lunch I just devoured," Robin teased, making overly exaggerated gagging noises as she joined them, flopping down on the couch.

Eddie raised an eyebrow at her, "Uh-oh Buckley. You've done it now. You know I love a good challenge." Grabbing Dani's face, he pulled her to him, pressing his lips against hers in a soft kiss that he stretched out longer than he usually would with Robin sitting right here. But she'd asked for it. "We can make your teeth fall out with our sweetness if you'd like."

"I have no doubt," she laughed, rolling her eyes. "But I think I'll pass."

"Alright, so what's with all these bags?" he asked carefully. He didn't want to upset Dani but they weren't exactly flush with cash. Eddie had started working at the record store and they were trying to save enough to get their own place but he had no idea how he would make that happen on what he was currently making. Minimum wage was not going very far with all the other stuff they had to buy to get ready for the baby and the money he gave her mom every month to try to help with their expenses. She'd tried to argue, telling him it wasn't necessary, but he wanted to help since she was letting them all stay with her and feeding them daily.