EPILOGUE

JIDE

Honeymoon Ireti was by far my favourite. She was always singing, smiling and sometimes skipping. Most importantly, she was half clad. My word, that woman knocked the breath out of beauty's lungs. She was gorgeous, ethereal even.

After that day, Ireti had a lengthy conversation with Calvin. She was a bit sad about breaking his heart. She described him as her cornerstone during her time in Canada and I wanted to wipe her memories of that time. She was still an active part of Nina's life; she was the kid's almost step mum and Tife's almost step sister. Tife was also fond of her and I got it. The kid was cute, it was her father I didn't get.

I proposed to Ireti a month after that confession at my doorstep. She and her sisters went crazy about the details. They had mapped out their wedding plans since they were kids. Aunty Taiye was sceptical at first but she got roped into the excitement along with Dunnie.

I was useless with anything concerning the plans except funding it. I just wanted to whisk Ireti away to the Maldives. We had five years to make up for. But her dream wedding was important to her so I made sure I gave it to her. She had me at her fingertips. All she had to do was mention my name and I came running. God, I loved her so much. On our wedding day, I loved her a lot more. I struggled with containing my tears at the altar. Her beauty possessed powers.

Ireti was lying on the bed in a backless yellow dress that was making it hard for me to concentrate. She was on facetime with Tife.

"When are you and daddy coming back?"

"Soon baby. Daddy and I just need to spend some quality time together" she replied.

"Your mother is right" I collapsed on her back kissing her.

"Hey, Tife is on the call" She scolded trying to hide her blush.

"So? He could get married too"

"Don't put any ideas in his head. He's four"

"And you started planning your wedding at?"

"I'm going to quit telling you my secrets" she rolled her eyes. "Baby, your daddy and I will be back before you know it"

"Your mummy is right big guy. We miss you too" I said.

"You should go to bed now. I know it's night over there" Ireti urged.

"Okay" Tife replied.

"Make sure you brush your teeth"

"Yes mummy"

"Goodnight baby I love you" Ireti blew him a kiss.

"Night big guy"

Ireti pushed me off her back "you are so heavy"

"I think we should make another baby" I told her.

"What"

"If we start now, we can have a baby by June" I kissed her from her hands to her neck. She giggled. "You are a naughty man"

"It's not me, it's that dress"

"I could be wearing a sack and you would still want to make babies"

"It's not my fault, you are really hot, you know" I attacked her with kisses, pulling her closer to me. I couldn't believe this was my life; me, Ireti and Tife. This was my life and it wasn't a dream. There was still so much to look forward to and I couldn't wait. We had been through a lot. It was time for the good days to begin. But if they don't, I was fine. I could be in storm and be at peace as long as I was Ireti. She was my life. 

Author's note coming up.