𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥

Anubhav had just witnessed one of the most beautiful scenes of his life. The shadow of a woman, playing guitar.  It was from the same flat he had noticed while coming towards his. Her hair was open, dancing with the wind, she was playing with the strings like they were a toy, while complementing them with her own voice which felt like a cherry on the cake. He was mesmerized by the view, the voice, the strings, with each and every move she did.

She was playing one of the retro songs.

𝓮𝓴 𝓽𝓾𝓶 𝓱𝓲 𝓷𝓱𝓲 𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓱𝓪 𝓾𝓵𝓯𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓲 𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓿𝓪
𝓾𝓵𝓯𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓲 𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓿𝓪
𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝓱𝓪𝓻 𝓶𝓮𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓾𝓶 𝓳𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓪
𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝓱𝓪𝓻 𝓶𝓮𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓾𝓶 𝓳𝓪𝓲𝓼𝓮, 𝓭𝓲𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓸 𝓱𝓪𝓲
𝓲𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓱𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲 𝓴𝓮, 𝓪𝓪 𝓪𝓪 𝓪𝓪 𝓪𝓪....

It was at this line, Anubhav noticed her voice. And all he wanted for the time to stop. His ears were at peace listening to them. His mind trying to imagine the face behind the beauty. Her voice had made an impact on his heart, he so wanted to keep listening to her.

"Sshhh" the pressure cooker disturbed his gaze. He immediately moved his eyes back to rajma chawal.

"Hey prabhu, jiski parchai itni manmohak hai, vo swyam kaisi hogi. Yeh kya dikha diya apne." he cursed his eyes for looking at the beauty. And now his mind can't get enough of the view. With the corner of his eyes, he tried again to look at her, but the guitar had stopped, and she disappeared.

"uff"

-----

Haseena had just finished playing her guitar and her favorite retro song 𝓘𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓱𝓸 𝓴𝓲 𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲 𝓶𝓮𝓲𝓷, this was the best therapy in the whole world. She quietly kept it aside and moved her gaze towards the sky, lying down she looked at the sky, which was clear. Stars were twinkling. Her stomach suddenly made a sound.

"yaar, ab iska kya kare. Dekhte hai fridge mein kuch hai kya" she got up and opened the fridge.

"Tch, andhe bhi nhi hai, bread nhi hai, kuch bhi nhi hai yaar. Ab hum iss bhuk ko kaise shant kare" she thought to herself and started searching in the shelf.

"Wow yeh mil gayi" she just hit a jackpot and got a packet of Maggie, quickly cooked it.

"hmm....aur kissi dish mein vo baat kaha jo iss maggie mein hai. Lekin ab kuch zaroorat ka saman to lana hi padega. Ek kaam karenge kal le anege" she finished it and made her bed, cozy and comfortable.

Took her phone to put it on silent. And then she remembered thag she is the DSP of the city, an emergency can pop up even at night.

"Jab humare pass yeh sab nhi tha, tab kitni mehnat ki iske liye, ab jab hai to sukoon chahiye" putting everything aside, Haseena closed her eyes.

------

Anubhav too was lying on the bed, however his sleep was far away from him. His mind was flooded with the thoughts of the woman. Her voice was still ringing in his ears.

His phone rang while he was busy in his thoughts. "Nancy" it said.

"Sir, ek emergency hai. Rape case hai, i think turant surgery karni padegi" she said.

"Thik hai, hum aate hai" he immediately got up and rushed towards the hospital.

----

Haseena's phone too rang. 

"Madam, rape case hai. Brutal sexual assault hai." the SHO of the police station alerted her.

"Hum abhi aa rahe hai. Kaun se hospital mein hai"

"RML" he replied.

"Okay, i'll be there in 10 minutes" she freshened up and reached the hospital in no time.

------𝓓𝓻. 𝓡𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓱𝓪𝓻 𝓛𝓸𝓱𝓲𝓪 𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓾𝓽𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓜𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓢𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮----------

"Jai Hind maddam sir" the constable and the SHO saluted her.

"Jai hind, kya matter hai" she inquired.

"Madam abhi tak as such kuch pata nhi chala hai. Victim ek band bade hue factory mein chillate hue mili hai. Kuch bata paati usse pehle behosh ho gayi. Dr. Singh ne turant surgery ke liye bola hai. OT mein hai" the SHO informed.

"Okay, aur kab tak hoga yeh operation"

"Vo to nhi pata maddam sir" he replied.

"Hmm, ok. Aap log uss factory ke ass pass check kijiye, dekhiye kuch milta hai ya nahi. Call records dekhiye, last dial kiska hai. Family ko inform kiya" 

"Ladki ke pass se koi id kuch nhi mila hai abhi tak"

They were discussing about the case, when a nurse called them to the doctor's cabin. 

 Haseena entered the cabin.

"Hey, Dr. Anubhav Singh" he stood up and forwarded his hands.

"DSP Haseena Mallik" she shook hands with him formally.

The moment words came out of her mouth, anubhav knew it. His heart started beating at a faster rate. Yes, she was the one. This was the voice and shadow he was mesmerized by. He quickly glanced at her, wearing track pants and a t-shirt, her hairs were tied up in a bun, supported by a stick between them. She was wearing specks, which made her look super cute. Her amber eyes reflected total beauty. The simplicity she had was out of the world, which made him fall for her even more. 

"So, Dr. Singh how is the victim now." she said breaking his trance.

"haa, she is fine" he said coming back to the topic.

"Hosh kab tak aega, actually we had to initiate the investigation." she asked.

"Abhi to samay lagega. Kal subah ya dupehar tak hosh aega. But zada chinta ki baat nhi hai." he said, trying his best to concentrate on the topic and not to gaze at her like a fool.

"Ok doctor, thank you" she said with a smile, and moved out.

"Hey Bajrangbali, humari naiya to doob gayi" 

--------------------------------------------

𝓓𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀💜