Chapter 3 - Everyone's Hiding

WARNING: ADULT CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER. It is more towards the middle of the chapter but this story is mature overall. You've been warned.

"3...2...1... finally." Erik rose from the stool he had been sitting on. Another day, another shift was finally complete and he was now able to go along with his day and do what he wanted to do. Placing the stool between the door and the wall, he looked over at Mme. DuMonde who waved him off. He took the first few steps out of the bar door and began walking towards his room.

"Oh Mr. Richard!" sang yelled the front attendant. The man's name was Phillip Duval, a tall and skinny older gentlemen who was more kind then we was smart. He always dressed up in a suit complete with a tie and white gloves. Mr. Duval surely could pull off the fancy factor if it hadn't been the fact Erik knew he worked here.

"Ah, Mr. Duval. What do I owe the pleasure?" Erik smiled slightly, knowing he was up to something.

"Mr. Richard I hope you had a fine shift, no?" he asked, clinging onto a folded piece of paper in his right hand while talking with his left.

"Was just like any other shift," Erik replied truthfully.

Mr. Duval chuckled softly, "I see you had to throw out Mr. Claude again earlier today. What happened to the poor guy?"

Erik shrugged, "The police removed him. No idea where." Erik looked down at Duval's hand, "What's that you have there?"

Mr. Duval looked down at his hand like he had forgotten, "Ah yes, this came for you while you were on shift. It must be of some importance."

"What makes you say that?" Erik asked, raising his eyebrow while taking the paper from Duval.

"Well not everyone has a wax seal with a skull on it." He replied, smiling as he began walking back to his post, "Bon nuit monsieur."

Erik nodded as he stared at the wax seal. It looked familiar, the same wax he used to use in fact. He continued looking at the paper as he made his way to his room, unlocking the door as he went inside. After shutting the door, he locked it once more and began making his way to the window. While sitting down against the windowsill, he let the moonlight be his light as he opened the letter.

"We have already found you." It read, not signed or dated.

Erik sighed as he tossed the letter out the window. 'So they think they have found me, huh? Knew this was too good to be true.' He leaned his head against the side of the wall, closing his eyes as he took in a deep breath. Before he let his mind slip away he heard two people giggling down on the street below. He let himself blend in with the shadows as he watched the couple. One male and the other female, dressed in up to date fashion as they giggled while running and holding hands. The male caught up to the woman as he embraced her in his arms.

"Oh my love" the man said loudly, "How this night has been perfect."

The woman seemed to smile and reply to him softly, to soft for Erik to hear.

"Nonsense! I will be as loud as I want for I do not care who hears of my undying love for you!" 'What an idiot' Erik thought.