Chapter 9 - Habanera

A/N: I know, two chapters in a week! I have been quite the busy body!

This chapter is dedicated to The_Phantom_Writer for she inspired me to create this book and if it weren't for reading her stories, which are spell binding naturally, you wouldn't be here reading this one! 

I do not own the song used in this chapter, which if you haven't guessed by now please look it up! With that being said, enjoy the chapter!

P.S. HOORAY FOR THE SUPREME COURT'S DECISION. SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES!

One hour later Erik was searching for a seat in the now crowded bar of the inn. He didn't expect such a large crowd of people to gather for an unknown inn's show and wondered how exactly it got advertised. Perhaps word of mouth from the regulars brought them in, who knows? After scanning the area, he found a seat that happened to be pretty far back from the stage but it was vacant because it was one seat and everyone here was either one seated and up close or with people and seated back. Erik thought it to be unusual that the audience was seated this way, sitting around square tables and eating while watching the show. He was so used to the opera house where it was lavish seating with velvet cloth and wooden fixtures. Alas, this was no opera house.

One month from now and perhaps they would make their way to Barcelona for what the Spanish called their opera house, Gran Teatre del Liceu. He had heard of it before but wasn't sure how close Nadir lived to Barcelona or not. Erik had not heard of the town name that Nadir addressed on the little slip of paper, named Sant Andreu and wondered just how close that was exactly. He also wondered why Nadir offered his place to him and if he would accept the Giry's with him? Of course he would, they were friends, he would understand.

Erik's thoughts were interrupted when Mme. DuMonde walked up to the makeshift stage, clinging a spoon with one of her glasses to gather the attention. Once the room became mostly silent, she began the show.

"Monsieurs et Madames, welcome to tonight's special performance," Mme. DuMonde was now wearing a more revealing outfit then she normally would have, a white dress with hardly any sleeves and a V-neck that exposed the top of her cleavage, causing Erik to look away and cringe as she spoke, "We have found ourselves a star from the famous opera populaire!"

Erik raised his eyebrow at her statement, unsure of where she was heading with this. The crowd began to whisper now, surely talking about the famous hauntings that took place just over a year ago.

"Settle down everyone, "she exclaimed, ringing the glass once more. The room fell silent, awaiting her next sentence, "Yes, the famous populaire, the one haunted by none other then the infamous phantom. It is now believed he is captured in jail for his crimes-"

'So they think' Erik thought to himself while trying to suffice a smirk.

"-and is now paying the price for all of those lives lost. Our star tonight was among those who ran during this travesty-"

Erik sufficed another snicker at the word travesty. If only she knew.

"-and sings for you tonight in great triumph over her past. Monsieurs et Madames, it is my pleasure to present to you, Mademoiselle Meghan Giry!"

The room clapped sloppily as Meg made her way to where the spotlight was hitting. She had kept all of her hair curled and down, letting her hair fall low without any sort of updo as was the current style. Her cream colored dress hugged her curves while still kept her modest and around her neck were faux pearls. She also chose to partake in what appeared to be satin gloves that reached all the way up to her elbow. Meg simply looked stunning. She also seemed quite nervous but with a gentle pat from Mme. DuMonde, she took a few breathes and smiled. DuMonde quickly exited the area as Meg looked out into the audience. A few men whistled at her to which she blushed but then shook her head.