Chapter 13 - Almost

A/N: Hello my loves! Sorry I have been a little absent. I changed the cover and made a cast list, hoping you all like it! I included a picture of the outside of the home, could not find an image to portray the inside as I envisioned it.

It had been a week since the group had ventured from France to their new home in Spain. The following morning the group decided to take two carriages, the Giry's sitting in one and Erik with Charles in the other. There was no word from Mme. DuMonde as they made their leave of the unnamed inn and in truth, Erik was a bit saddened to leave the place. Though as the time passed in the carriages, he was sure happy to arrive at Nadir's home. The ride itself wasn't too long, though the horses were over worked and they had to stop and rest or eat every now and then. The trip shouldn't have taken as long as it did truthfully, but they were being cautious; after all Erik was a wanted criminal.

Nadir's house was quite beautiful, set up in typical Spanish décor that was considered advanced for the time. The house, that looked more like a mansion, was two stories, having a white exterior with bright blue windows and a rich golden trim with intricate details. The lands surrounding the manor were large and vast, with vibrant green grass and various different trees as far as the eye could see. The closest neighbor couldn't be seen from the manor, which was ideal for privacy.

As both carriages pulled to the front of the location, Nadir could be seen from the front door. Charles quickly made his way out of the carriage and Meg did too, stopping in their tracks as they looked up at the palace with awe. Erik chuckled as he made his way over to his long friend, greeting him with a handshake.

"My old friend," Nadir exclaimed, removing his hand from Erik's grasp, "Welcome to my home."

Erik nodded in response, looking back at the three who tagged along, "Did you obtain my letter?"

"Yes of course Erik, it was no nice of you to inform me you'd be taking over my house before actually doing so." Nadir chuckled, shaking his head as the other three finally made their way to the door, "Ah you must be Charles, Meg, and Antoinette."

"Oui we are," Mme. Giry exclaimed, surprised that Nadir knew her first name, "Forgive me for intruding but all our good friend here has told us is that your name is Nadir."

"Tsk Erik, did not properly introduce me in the formal and correct way?" Nadir exclaimed sarcastically.

"I have never been one for introductions," Erik replied, looking at the servants who randomly appeared to take their bags inside the home.

Meg nodded in agreement before getting a look from Mme. Giry, causing her head to lower in defeat.

"My name is in fact Nadir, my full name is Monsieur Nadir Khan and I am the owner of this fine home in which you will be staying in." Nadir replied, bowing slightly.

"Bonjour Monsieur Khan, I am Meg," she stated, curtsying as a young mademoiselle should.

"And I am Charles DuMonde," he added, extending his hand to Nadir.

Nadir shook Charles' hand as Mme. Giry smiled, "and of course, I am Antoinette."

Nadir took Mme. Giry's hand and kissed it lightly, letting his lips linger over her hand, "Antoinette, my how France must be envious of Spain since you crossed it's border."

This caused Mme. Giry to blush softly, a sight that she let hardly anyone see. Erik and Meg stared at the conversation wide eyed, looking at the flirtation from Nadir and Mme. Giry. Charles laughed at Meg and Erik's reaction, which caused Nadir and Mme. Giry to return back to normal.

After coughing, Nadir shook his head, "And I suppose you all would like a tour of the home correct?"

The group nodded and Nadir led them inside. All of them followed him eagerly, gazing at the sight before them in awe. The inside of the manor was just as beautiful, if not more perfect, then the outside appeared to be. Maintaining the advanced Spanish style, the wood was done with wooden trimmings all around the floors and walls, having soft marble floors and a marble staircase to match. The walls were decorated in a royal shade of blue and the concept was completely open. Upon entering the manor, there was a large hallway with a grand staircase surrounding it. To the left was a dining room and to the right was the piano room. Upon walking the hallway and through the stairway, was the kitchen with the most advanced devices used to cook. Towards the left of the kitchen was a sitting room where people could have tea or read if so desired. Between the sitting room and kitchen, there were two sets of double French doors that opened to the back yard. The back yard showcased several stables, some farm animals, and the servants quarters which was a large house on it's own itself.