Chapter 15 - Moving On

A/N: Hello loves! If you aren't aware, I have written a new story called Constance that takes place during POTO! I have huge plans for that story as well, so please feel free to read it and give me some feedback! Anyways, enjoy!

It had been several months since Erik found out that Christine was with child. It was now the month of October, but that is all Erik knew of the outside world, apart from any activities Nadir decided to tell him when barging into his room. He knew this because out of his window where the beautiful spring leaves once were, he now saw different hues of orange, yellow, and reds. Had he missed out on the entire season of summer? Yes, but he did not mind. He never received this much sunlight in his entire life; he wasn't ready to be a normal person yet.

After hearing the news from Madame Giry and yelling at Charles, he demanded a piano be brought up to his room so that he may not be disturbed while composing various compositions that were haunting his mind. Nadir at first protested but after a while agreed, and now a new piano resided in his room. The bed had been pushed to the side of the room, the rest of the furniture rearranged, so he could compose and eat. That is all Erik ever did and even then, he ate very little.

After Meg saw the cruelty in Erik's eyes from when he confronted Charles, she was confused and afraid. The night she slept with Charles had ultimately been a mistake, and she knew that full heartedly but she could not take back what happened. She knew Charles began to develop feelings for her but she just could not return them. He was a charming gentleman and they were the same age, but she couldn't get Erik out of her mind. He possessed her still and yet she had not seen him since the flowers blossomed in the gardens.

Her mother would not let her only daughter grieve properly however, and neither did Nadir. Madame Giry made sure Meg was up to date with Spain's current ballet trends and operas, practicing dance moves from France as well as learning new ones, while Nadir helped her achieve decent Spanish vocabulary to be able to converse with the managers at the new opera house. Even though her mind was focused on achieving her dreams, her heart was still aching and she couldn't hide it for much longer.

"No, no, no Meg! You are doing this all wrong," Madame Giry exclaimed, stomping her cane that caused Meg to jump with sudden freight. She had been wrapped up in her own thoughts and not focusing on her dance she was to perform for the audition. The audition had not been met yet, granted she had yet to see the opera house itself, but she wanted to be prepared in case of a on-the-spot chance.

Meg's arms fell to her sides as her feet remained in position, "Sorry maman."

"In Spanish Meg," she said, eying her daughter suspiciously.

"Lo siento Mama," Meg stated, rolling her eyes.

"Better," she cooed, walking over to Meg, "You are not focused on your dance. You know how I feel about that."

"Si, I am aware," Meg stated, sticking her tongue out at disgust over the word. It sounded too close to Carlotta and her native tongue.

Madame Giry smirked a bit, circling her daughter, "Perhaps we shall visit the opera house soon, since you are so bored with this dance."

Meg's eyes became wide as she turned to look at her, "You think I'm finally ready?"

"I know you are," Madame Giry stated, placing her cane against the wall as she smiled at her, "You were born for the stage my dear. I shall ask Mon... Senor Khan today when he thinks he can arrange a meeting or an audition."

Meg smiled wide, running towards her mother as she hugged her tightly, "Oh thank you! Thank you!"

Madame Giry smiled, patting her daughter's back as she removed her embrace, "Just remember to focus."