Chapter 03; Meeting them.

Previously:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Little did he know that a certain boy was leaving out the back."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A giant sculpture of a dragon with a sword penetrating through its abdomen hangs on the ceiling, with almost every viking in a meeting below it.

"Either we finish them, or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll be rid of them. If we find the nest and destroy it, both the demons and dragons will leave. They'll find another home!
One more search, before the ice sets in." The chief plans, looking around at his people. Protests were heard. 'Those ships never come back'

"We're Vikings. It's an occupational hazard. Now who's with me?!" Stoick yells out. Silence and disagreements were heard. "Alright. Those who stay will look after Hiccup." He says.

Hands shoot up into the air. "Aye. That's more like it."
Gobber, who sat at a bench and table with an interchangeable cup-hand full of mead or ale, starts to rise out of his seat.
"Right, I'll pack my undies." The chief walks to him.
"No, I need you to stay and train some new recruits."
"Oh. Perfect. And, while I'm busy. Hiccup can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor-sharp blades, lots of time to himself. What could possibly go wrong?" Gobber responds with sarcasm.

Stoick groans. "What am I going to do with him, Gobber?"
"Put him in training with the others." He says
"No, I'm serious."
"So am I."  The two argue like an old married couple.

"He'd be killed before you let the first dragon out of its cage, let alone a demon." Stoick assumes
"Oh you don't know that."
"I do know that, actually."
"No, you don't."
"No actually, I do."
"No, you don't!" The two argue again.

"Listen, you know what he's like. From the time he could crawl he's been...different." He sighs. "He doesn't listen, he has the attention span of a sparrow. I take him fishing and he goes hunting for trolls!"
"Trolls exists! They steal your socks. But only the left ones. what's with that?" Gobber asks himself.

"When i was a boy..."
"Oh here we go."
"...My father told me to bang my head on a rock and i did it. I thought it was crazy, but i didn't question him. And you know what happened?"
"You got a headache." Gobber puts back in his tooth
"That rock split in two." Gobber pays no mind and continues with his tooth.
"It taught me what a viking could do, Gobber. He-he could crush mountains, level forests, tame seas! Even as a boy I knew what I was, who i had to become. Hiccup is not that boy." Stoick glances at Gobber

"You can't stop him, Stoick. You can only prepare him. I know it seems hopeless, but the truth is you won't always be around to protect him. He's going to get out there again. He's probably out there now!" Gobber thinks aloud. Stoick stares at the ground in front of him, deep in thought, thinking about Gobbers words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deep in the forest, birds singing. Hiccup looks at his journal, trying to find the night fury he shot down. He takes a deep breath, opening his eyes to find...nothing. He exhales, disappointed, he crosses out the place on his book and ends up scribbling the whole page out of frustration. He puts his pencil between to pages and shuts the book, sighing.

"Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. Not me, I manage to lose an entire dragon?!" He slaps a tree branch out of the way only for it to fly back and hit his eye. He groans and looks up at the tree, to find it broken as if someone or something had fallen into it and broke it. His eyes follow the broken tree to find a massive ditch leading down. His curiosity was at an all time high, he slides down into the ditch and follows its direction, avoiding broken branches and roots to find.
"Arrows?" he mutters. He crawls up a small hill to look over and see the night fury.

He gasps and ducks down, swallowing the lump in his throat. He slowly peers over again, his mouth hanging open. The night fury seemed to be asleep. Hiccup pats around his body to find his dagger.

He jumps down and hides behind a boulder that was there scooting closer.
"Oh, wow. I-I did it. Ohh, I did it. This...This fixes everything! Yes! I have brought down this mighty beast-" He steps on the dragon proudly only for something to push his foot off. His back slams against the rock as he sees a giant hand with only...three fingers. He trails his eyes up from it's paw to the hand to see the dragons eye open and what seemed to be a giant person covering their face tangled in with the ropes. Hiccup exhales.
"I'm gonna kill you, dragon. Then I'll cut out your heart and take it to my father. I am a viking. I AM A VIKING!" He yells at the two creatures. Hiccup raises his hands above his head, clutching the dagger. He glances at the dragon to see it looking at him, it's eyes showing nothing but fear.

Hiccup starts to feel sorry for the beast but snaps his eyes closed and raises the dagger again.
The dragon moans and relaxes it's head, awaiting its violent end. Hiccup continues to raise the dagger but brings his arms down against his head. He holds the weapon in one hand and glances back down at the two. "I did this..."
Seeing the ropes right around their bodies. He kneels and starts cutting the rope, making them loosen around the two. The being whispers something to the dragon.

Once Hiccup finishes cutting the rope, the dragon flees but the other being grabs their own knife and holds it to his throat, pinning him to the rock behind him, snarling.
Hiccup gasps for breath looking at the beings eyes. Forest green eyes meet with gigantic bright yellow ones. Said bright yellow eyes showed nothing but fury and anger, fire residing behind them. Hiccup pants, begging for mercy in his mind.
The being snarled again, gripping the blade tighter. Hiccup braces himself and closes his eyes only to hear a loud scream in his ears, a sudden weight shifting off his body. He hears footsteps going the opposite direction, tripping then tumbling.

Too scared to look what it was, he grabs his dagger from beside him and gets up, panting. Wailing is heard as he turns around and starts walking away, only to faint shortly after.