Chapter 6, park

Felix picked Hyunjin up by the shoulders and walked down the stairs, smiling slightly. He carried him all the way to the front door, where he put him down and slipped on a jacket from a nearby hanger.

Felix didn't bother changing any more since he was already in a pair of jeans and thin sweater and it wasn't cold enough to wear anything else.

Before opening the door though, the older stopped and looked back at the small gray form at his feet.

"You promise you won't run away, right, little one?"

"Mrrwarw"

"Okay, I'll trust you, but I'll ask you one last time not to do it, I'll be lonelyyyy" Felix said in a cutely whiny tone, and once more Hyunjin was grateful for his inability to blush.

"Rrawm" He answered after a while in a soft meow, and after a chuckle from Felix he opened the door.

Hyunjin felt how Felix's eyes pierced his pelt, and he suddenly became much more aware of his movements. Not that he planned to run away, mind you, he was very happy with Felix and how greatly he was treated now, a feeling of true joyfulness that filled him ever since he started to fully trust the blond.

Hyunjin slowly padded onto the grass in Felix's backyard, appreciating the feeling of its smoothness on his paws.

"Come on." Felix said, motioning in the direction they had to go.

Hyunjin followed, trying his best to catch up with Felix's big footsteps with small jumps and occasional running.

He was still partially getting used to running and moving around in his cat form, since at home it was absolutely forbidden to change shape.

Fortunately though, the wound on his stomach had almost healed after Hyunjin's constant care for it, so it didn't bother him now.

Felix glanced back at Hyunjin every now and then, always checking if the other was keeping up and following him.

Hyunjin, since he lived not far from here, knew this park very well. In fact, this was the place where he sometimes came to practice his dancing or where he did his homework. The park was always a calm and peaceful place, though lively and cheerful at the same time. It was full of trees and bushes and animals such as squirrels and hedgehogs. A river stretched along the left side of the park, its waters always clear, yet fast and churning.

Felix had also spent numerous evenings here when he wanted to get away from the mean world around him and have some time to himself and his thoughts.

Since it was early spring, not a lot of the flowers were blooming, but as the two walked in they could still smell the freshness of the flowers and plants that did sprout and blossom.

As Hyunjin padded onto the grass, dew wet his pads and made his nose wrinkle. This was probably one of the few characteristics he got from being a cat, the distaste for water.

(In real life, cats don't actually hate water, they just don't like us washing them and being forced into the water. I have eight cats, I know : )

Felix smiled at Hyunjins reaction but said "You want me to pick ya up?"

For reasons unexplained, Hyunjin did. It might have been the fact that he really didn't like the wetness, but deep down, he just wished to feel Felix's warmth and to be cradled in someones arms as though he actually meant something to the world.

"Rawrrm" He meowed, and seconds later Felix was already carrying him, setting him in the space between his crossed arms.

Hyunjin really liked the is feeling, and started to slightly purr.