Chapter 9, silent cry(ies)

Felix returned home in tears.

Real tears this time. Heavy sobs shook his body as he stumbled over the doorstep and sat down on the couch, salty wet drops falling from his eyes as he hugged a pillow to his chest.

Startled, Hyunjin came down stairs, saw Felix, and hurriedly turned into a cat. Then, he padded closer to the older and saw that something was terribly wrong.

Tears streamed down Felix's cheeks, and his body shaking with suppressed cries.

Oh fuck.

That was only thing Hyunjin could think.

He carefully came closer, seeing, that, in fact, he was right, and Felix was crying.

That wasn't the only thing he saw though...

A large red bruise covered the bottom of his right cheek, he had a sizable black eye, and was hunching over as someone hurt his stomach or chest.

Hyunjin's eyes widened.

Who did this?

Why did they do this?

Was it the same person that send the texts?

Why didn't Felix defend himself?

Oh-oh-oh fuck.

And I can't even do anything!

Hyunjin looked up at the crying form and felt his own eyes start to water.

But-but he couldn't turn back human! The risk of losing a new home and his crush was too big. He needed to contain himself.

However, he couldn't bare hearing or seeing the boy that was always happy and smiling fall apart like that. His heart couldn't stand it.

Hyunjin jumped up onto the couch with a leap he usually would've failed. Then, he tenderly placed a paw on the older's leg to let him know he was there, and without further ado carefully slithered past the pillow Felix was holding and snuggled up to the older's chest, in an attempt to hug him, being extremely mindful of the fact that the taller was hurt.

"Oh...Jinne..." Felix hiccuped in an abnormally quiet voice, and buried his face in Hyunjin's fur.

His cries didn't stop for a while, but Hyunjin wanted to let the other pour his heart out, meanwhile wondering what could have possibly happened.

——————

Hyunjin couldn't know how much time had passed when he heard Felix's quiet sniffles fade, only to be replaced by barely-audible snores.

The kitten gently wriggled out of Felix's grasp, careful not to wake up the sleeping beauty - still astonishing despite the black eye and bruise - and debated as on what he should do now.

Surely, surely if he was quiet, and did everything gently, Felix wouldn't notice, would he?

So, Hyunjin, before he was able to doubt his decision, transformed once more.

He lightly slipped his arms around the other's body, one under the head, one under his knees, and carried Felix bridal-style up the stairs, to his bedroom.

Hyunjin huffed silently. Felix was heavy, but just enough for him to handle.

Then, placed the blond on the mattress and quickly walked away to the bathroom to grab something to apply to Felix's eye and bruised cheek.

He still couldn't properly evaluate or understand what seemed to be the problem with the other's chest, so Hyunjin didn't know what to do with that.

However, he soon came back carrying two creams and a salve bottle.

He gently applied each of them, making sure not to wake Felix, at the same time wondering if changing Felix's clothes would be too much a giveaway.

Deciding that unfortunately, even trying was bound to wake the older, and so Hyunjin just settled with unpacking Felix's school stuff.

When he came back upstairs, Felix was stirring so the startled Hyunjin almost got caught.

However, soon enough, he was already on Felix's bed as a tiny kitten.

Luckily, Felix didn't wake up, so none of Hyunjin's "doings" would be noticed by the other.

Though, Felix kept tossing and turning in his sleep, seemingly disturbed in his dreams.

He probably wouldn't get a peaceful night tonight, but Hyunjin would try his best to do anything to comfort him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiiii everyone!

Small update for y'all!

Question, is anyone here going to lollapalooza tomorrow? (21 July) for the skz concert?

I'm going, so if anyone is, I wish you an awesome time!

Anygays, on an unrelated note, I want you all to be honest and tell me, how old are you? No judgment here ofc, this is Wattpad, but I'm just really curious....

Byeeee! Have a great night/day!