Chapter 25, truth

Thanks to SaimashoaibSHAMSI for making this chapter possible!

~~~~

It was around seven when Felix and Hyunjin arrived at their house. Their stroll had been a lot longer than expected, though while the two talked of Hyunjin's-trying-out-to-be-an-idol they hadn't really noticed the time pass. 

The evening light illuminated their surroundings nicely, but once in a while a mysterious shadow could be seen creeping along dark corners and not busy streets. The boys paid it no mind, small, barely noticeable grins on their faces as Felix unlocked the back door and stepped into the house.

Both took off their shoes (Americans, you wont ever get the importance of this 🤌) and stomped down the hall, Hyunjin sighing as the exhaustion started to properly sink in.

Really, it was unsettling how tired he suddenly felt, even though they didn't do much exercise today. Nevertheless, he still had to ascertain what all this confusion was in order to find the truth and feel at peace.

"Hyunjin?" Felix called, bringing Hyunjin out of his reverie, as he came up to the blond.

"Hm?" He inquired, leaning on the side of a table.

"Hungry?" This was the last of the questions Hyunjin thought Felix was going to ask, but he didn't mind.

"Not really, thanks. I'd like a coffee though, if you wouldn't mind. Need to get my self back up and spinning."

The Australian hummed in a acknowledgment, telling Hyunjin to go shower while he made himself a snack and the coffee.

———

When both had washed and eaten, Felix asked Hyunjin to follow him into the bedroom. The latter did so nervously, while also feeling extremely excited; if that was even possible.

Felix was one who was really nervous though, certainly. He went over what he was going to say over and over, up until the point where his very well-practiced sentences jumbled together, and his brain started to - however mildly - panic. Yet, this had to be executed.

Felix sat down on the corner of his spacious bed, a shacking coming to his hands that he was barely able to sustain. He didn't mind it though. It was alright.

The blond gently patted the space next to him - a clear invitation for Hyunjin to sit.

The Korean did so, glancing around for a lack of other things to do as silence filled the room.

" So umm.. I promised that I'd tell you what happened between me and my family, so I will, but it won't be very easy for me." Felix voiced.

Hyunjin looked at him, wondering too many things at once to even name one thing,

"I- I'm not very good at explaining stuff, but I'll try my best." The older of the two began, tapping his fingers on his lap. "Firstly, I want you to know that I am no "killer", it was simply an accident. I loved my sister and my family with everything I had, so I would never do something like that on purpose. But perhaps I just need to stop making excuses and get it over with." He sighed.

"From a very young age, I was very talented in different types of arts: Singing, dancing, painting, et cetera. My parents saw my passion, and helped me along toward a career I was pursuing at that time - to become the world's greatest K-pop idol. Of course, it wasn't easy, but I did my best in everything, and slowly but surely went up in ranks, and got better with every day that I trained. My parents and sister were absolutely delighted, and then began sending me off to dancing competitions - the ones were you could actually earn something if you won. And I did win. I don't know if it was luck or pure talent, but I won countless times, that I started ignoring my older brother duties. It was small at first - once I forgot to bring Olivia - that's my sister - from school, or didn't help her out to study when she needed my help. I'm not proud of it, but at the time I was obsessed with getting even better than I already was." Felix paused, and rubbed his hands together.

"Well, and one day I was practicing in my room for the next competition when I was meant to look after my sister, and somebody broke into our house.... I-.. She  must've called for me, but I never heard, the music was so loud."

Felix didn't know what else to say. Yes, he wasn't directly responsible, but if he just payed more attention- if he just did what he was supposed to...

"We never saw Olivia again. She might still be alive, for all I know, but when they took her she was badly injured. We searched everywhere. Everywhere. And found nothing. I never understood what exactly happened, and why they didn't do anything to me."

Hyunjin knew he was probably pushing his luck, but after hearing what Felix said, he decided that he didn't care about restraint and placed his hand on Felix's, and when the older male didn't object, squeezed his hand and intertwined their fingers.

———

It was one simple point of contact, but Felix already felt better. The words were hard to find at first, but then they flowed through into reality and became proper benchmarks of trust for the two. He was glad he spoke, and glad that his companion listened, even though he understood that Hyunjin had no personal connection in this ordeal.

"You know," The gray haired male voiced quietly, "I understand why you don't want to dance after all this, but I'm sure your sister and parents would love it if you got back into it. Don't make her loss meaningless. If you like it, you should do it. Make her proud." Hyunjin rubbed his thumb along Felix's knuckles, and Felix simply hummed in response.

"I s'pose you're right." The Aussie agreed, frowning. "But that doesn't help that it was actually my fault."

"Don't say that. Even though I'm in relatively no position to speak now, know that distancing yourself from your other family is not the right choice, and neither is beating yourself up for something that happened over two years ago. It's about time to make your dreams come true..."

~~~

Well, what can I say?
I'm back?
Yay?
Heh, at least we got the "reveal" over with.