Chapter 8, thinking

Hyunjin was beyond shocked when he saw which messages Felix got. What was this? Hyunjin was very certain that Felix was kind and sweet and gorgeous, and that he would not hurt anyone!

However, what if all Hyunjin saw wasn't true? What if the person Hyunjin's heart was slowly falling for - because yes, after some time pondering, Hyunjin knew that he genuinely liked the older, - was actually bad and a liar? But no!

Felix wasn't like that, was he? And what was "Sister killer?" About?

Hyunjin's mind was, once again, having a silent battle as to whether he should trust Felix or not because he knew that everything he had seen the other do so far was nice, not bad in the slightest. Even so, who was this person messaging Felix? Were they just some random bully who picked out people to target with the same words?

But those accusations seemed too specific....

Hyunjin had so many questions, and his inability to speak was starting to get to him. However, he had to push all that aside. Felix hadn't hurt him in any way, and he was obviously feeling down right now; despite his great attempts to hide the fact, so Hyunjin had to do something.

——————

The next morning Hyunjin woke up to an annoying and seemingly endless buzzing sound.

Stretching out his paws in front of him, he gazed up and saw that Felix was also stirring.

"Mornin'" Felix mumbled in a deep, raspy voice that send shivers through Hyunjin's fur.

Felix picked up his phone, carefully balancing it on his palm, and opened it up. The screen lit up, and as Hyunjin padded toward it, he could make out yet another set of anonymous messages that just kept on piling. All of them carried the same sense as the day before.

Felix sighed at his screen, blocking the number yet again and putting it aside.

"Meowwr?" Hyunjin called, asking what all this was about.

"Hm? What's wrong Jinnie?"

Hyunjin pointed his muzzle in the device's direction and put on a questioning expression.

"Oh this? I don't know who this is from, but as you saw it wasn't good..." Felix paused and lay back down, hand over his eyes. "You know, I've been targeted for about a year now because of what happened, and I can't bring myself to do anything about it...." He sighed again, as though defeated. "I don't even know if there is a right thing to do in this type of situation..... it is my fault after all......"

A dozen new questions immediately popped up inside Hyunjin's head, but he ignored them, trying to listen.

Felix seemed to be talking to himself rather than Hyunjin, however, it still seemed that he needed advice and a friend to vent to.

Hyunjin would've loved to serve at least some help to the older, but seeing as he was still a cat, and if he turned human Felix was bound to kick him out, Hyunjin decided against it.

He answered with a simple "Mmm..." to let the latter know that he was listening.

"I've been pretty much isolated since the incident, and not that I'm complaining of being lonely, it's just that it's nice to have some company again...." The older murmured, rolling over and taking Hyunjin into his arms. Then, he lifted him up by the shoulders and held him in front of himself, an arms length away in the air.

The kitten yelped, spreading his limbs out for stability and gazed down with his bright dark brown eyes at Felix.

Felix held him there for a few moments, though it felt like an eternity to Hyunjin, only to bring him down and smooch his tiny muzzle.