Fugitive

Shantii P.O.V.

On the drive home, Jaylon called me. I hooked my phone up to the aux at a red light, for safety purposes. So when he called, and I picked up, his voice boomed though the speaker.

"What's wrong baby. Don't say 'nothing'," he spoke.

"Why does something have to be wrong?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and making a right.

"Because, I know you, and I know something's wrong with you. So tell me what it is," he pressed.

"It's nothing, I'm just sensitive I guess. It's not important," I shrugged, though he couldn't see me.

"It's important, tell me," he continued.

I huffed before speaking, "Jaylon who'd you lose your virginity to?" I asked.

He spoke quickly, without missing a beat, "Veriana Wilsen, 10th grade, we dated for a total of two years before we had sex," he told me.

"Do you remember the date?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"So you understand right? You understand how important it is. It isn't supposed to be something in the heat of the moment, you know, because you can't get it back ever," I rambled, forcing myself to cut off.

"I'm not going to lie to you baby, for a boy, shit like that.. I mean its important. It's important to me, but that's not how all of us feel. I think females care the most, and its not bad to. It's supposed to be important to everyone but that's not how everyone views it," he spoke.

"Well how do you view it?" I asked.

"It feels good but if I could, I would've waited."

"Why?" I switched lanes.

"Because the person I gave it to, we didn't last. I wish the person I gave it to would've stuck around. I know it sounds sappy, especially coming from me but I'm forreal. You don't want to lose it to just anyone," he said.

"You understand."

"Of course I do. Wait, who you talking about? I haven't pressed you on having sex, so who is?" he asked, he sounded a little angry.

"No one. It's not important," I shut him down.

"Then? Why you stressed over this?" he asked.

I chewed on my lip, paused, then explained the oath to him. He still was confused so I told him about what happened with Keshina. I knew I was suffering from a case of diarrhea in the mouth but I couldn't help it.

"And I just feel like it's only been a month! You can't be in love yet. So that means she broke it!" I snapped.

"Shantii, are you mad that she broke it or are you mad that you're the last virgin?" he asked.

"Does it matter," I rolled my eyes.

"It does. If you're mad that you're the last one, then that's dumb. You shouldn't be ashamed of that. You're saving it," he ignored me trying to cut in.

"I'm saving it until the person I really, truly love takes it," I repeated for myself.

"Exactly."

"Thank you," I didn't know what I was thanking him for exactly but he seemed to.

"You welcome baby. Mwuah," then he hung up.

---------||---------

When I arrived home, I got in the shower and scrubbed before sliding out. I dried off and retired into some pajamas and TV. The girls wanted me to go to them, but I was drained.