Tassle

Dedicated to asiamacky

Thanks for all of the votes, comments, and reads, etc. This book has finally reached 

10,000 READS

and you've honestly played a big role in that achievement. So thanks love!

----------------

SHANTII 

After a week or so in the hospital, I was released and free to go home with my baby. I laid back on the couch and turned the TV on. Jaylon sat besides me and began rubbing my neck, the way the doctor prescribed. It prompted proper blood circulation or something like that. All I know is it ached like hell. I sighed and moved to the news channel. Something about a young teenage girl committing suicide was reported. I hissed as he placed too much pressure on my wound accidentally.

"I'm sorry," he kissed my cheek and continued. I focused on the news and sighed, watching the mother cry over her daughter. I couldn't even begin to understand the amount of pain she was going through. "Damn," Jaylon whispered. Things like this really gets to me, it's not like I have a child or anything, but just imagining how hard it was to see your daughter with a slit wrist, dead on the floor, it had to be hard.

Another reporter took over the screen with a different story. I froze as the camera zoomed in on his location, something about the scenery piqued my memory. "Reporting live from what appears to be an abandoned warehouse. Witnesses say they heard over twenty shots precisely two weeks ago from this very building and are only now speaking out." 

The camera zoomed in as bodies were getting placed onto stretchers. "Over fifteen people have passed in what appears to be a killing streak. Autopsies show that these were, in fact, murders. Investigators are attempting to identify the person in charge of this, although there is a general hunch that there is more than one person guilty." I gasped and leaned in to the screen. It was the warehouse. 

 "I thought you said you cleaned up?" I turned to him, scared half out of my mind. "They did. It was over five bodies, that would be too suspicious. So they only cleared the building of blood and any DNA strands," he explained. "Are you sure?" I bit my lip and watched them load more people on the stretchers.

"Yes, everything is straight. Just relax," he tried to calm me down. "I am relaxed, but are you sure? You know I was bleeding on the floor and when I got shot in the arm, are you sure they got everything? Diamond, Monae, Quinn everyone was there. What if they touched a wall or something? You're too calm. Why are you looking at me like that?" I paused mid-rant to snap.

"Because, you're so beautiful," he tried to change the subject and it would've worked if I wasn't so worried about not getting thrown into jail. "Jaylon," I tried to be serious. "Relax. They knew what they were doing when they cleaned up. If I'm not worried, then you shouldn't be. Trust me, okay?" he pressed his forehead against mines. 

"I do trust you," I bit my lip before pressing it against his. He slid me into his lap so I straddled him. He changed the channel and I laid my head against his chest. I was still a little tired. He noticed, wrapped one arm around my waist and used the other to rub my scalp, the way I liked, until I fell asleep.

ONE MONTH LATER 

Graduation is tomorrow. I'm so damn excited. I get to walk across that stage knowing I did four whole years of high school with a steady semester GPA of 3.87 or higher and am this years salutatorian. I am beyond proud of myself. It was very special to me, meaning I needed to create the perfect look for it. None of us went to prom so we've all decided we have to really outdo ourselves with this.