Chapter 100

Another week passed by and it was the day of my next doctors appointment. I was sat in the waiting room with Tyra by my side, she asked if she could come with me and I said she could. After a few more minutes of waiting, my name was called and we were led to the examination room. "Miss. Black, it's good to see you again." Dr. Fisher greeted with a smile, "Could you lay on the bed please and who have you brought with you?" she asked as she looked at Tyra. "This is my daughter Tyra." I said as I lay on the bed.

Obviously she looked a little confused but Tyra piped up and said, "I'm adopted." with a proud smile. Dr. Fisher nodded and set up the ultrasound machine, "So, how have you been feeling since I first saw you?" she asked me. "Good, I don't feel as nauseous anymore and I don't throw up much now either." I replied as I pulled up my shirt to expose my abdomen and readjusted the waistband of my pants.

Tyra stood next to me patiently as Dr. Fisher applied the cold gel and moved the ultrasound wand across my belly. It was silent for a few moments, just the sound of the ultrasound machine. That was until, "And there is your baby." Dr. Fisher said as she turned the screen for Tyra and I to look out...

(Just as a reminder, any and all images I use - unless they say gencraft in the corner - I find on Google Images

(Just as a reminder, any and all images I use - unless they say gencraft in the corner - I find on Google Images.)

I smile and tear up slightly. Tyra grabs my hand, "It's so small. Mama it looks like a weird jelly bean." she says quietly; making me laugh a little. "Your Mom is only 10 weeks but as the weeks go by, it'll grow and start looking more like a baby." Dr. Fisher says with a chuckle of her own before pressing buttons and doing whatever else she needed to do. She printed off some pictures after wiping the jelly of my stomach and asked a few more questions. We booked an appointment for my 12 week scan before Tyra and I left.

When we got home Tyra went up to her room, saying she needed to work on some of her school projects. She wanted to get them all done before the summer break is over which was in about 4 weeks; even though she didn't need too. I was so proud of her for wanting to get ahead of her school work, she worked on it a little bit everyday while still putting aside time to spend with her friends.

It was surpisingly warm today so after putting my things down in the living room, I decided to to spend some time outside by the pool. I texted Tyra and Demi, letting them know where I'd be if they couldn't find me and went to my room to change. I chose a simple bikini, a oversized shirt and changed into them; putting on a pair of sunglasses and flip flops as well.

I heard the front door open and close as I made my way back downstairs, "Damn P, love the shirt." Demi said with a smirk. I looked down and saw what she meant...

I chuckled seeing it was some of her merch, "Didn't realise, I just pulled out what my hand grabbed without looking

I chuckled seeing it was some of her merch, "Didn't realise, I just pulled out what my hand grabbed without looking." I said as I stepped towards her. Demi placed her hands on my hips and pulled me closer, "I mean, you do call me Mami but how'd your appointment go?" she asked still smirking. I blush and look down, "Oh shush and it was good, just a routine scan. Tyra says it looks like a weird jelly bean." I tell her and grab her hand; leading her to the living room.

Pulling out the ultrasound pictures from my bag, I hand them to Demi to look at. She looks at them for a moment before looking back at me, "She's not wrong." she says laughing. I put the pictures away and turn to Demi, "You gunna join me by the pool?" I ask and she nods. "Yeah, just give me a second to go change." She said, "Sure, I'll meet you out there." I reply and she walks away after nodding.

I head out to the backyard and to the lounge chairs that are placed on the patio, over looking the pool. I place my phone done on the small table, removed my shirt and lay down; the umbrella above providing the perfect amount of shade. Demi joined me outside but stopped when she saw me...

"Fuck," she whispered under her breath but I heard and smirked

"Fuck," she whispered under her breath but I heard and smirked. "You okay there Dems." I teased, "Uh huh... Y-yep." she stutters and eventually lay down on the lounger next to me.

For over an hour, we laying poolside before we went back inside to make lunch together. The rest of the day was spent in the backyard, either lounging or being in the pool or playing with the dogs. Demi, Tyra and I even ate dinner out on the patio table before the three of us trudged to bed when we got tired.

Today was a good day.