chapter 3

Fahad pov

Our grandma started talking she asked uncle Aminu to pray he did now the meeting will start.

"As you all know the reason why we always gather here"she said.

Everyone nodded.

Well today we are gathered here to announce the wedding of one of you our grandpa said.

My heart was beating fast I don't know why but I don't have a good feeling about this.

I turned around and saw ya Salim he was seated near the couch his dad was on he looked so calm.

He doesn't even seem to be bothered as if he is not the oldest I thought.

As you all know that in this family we your grandparents choose your brides  for you well today we are gathered cause we have choose a bride for Salim our grandma said.

I felt so happy I turned to look at his reaction but he was calm. He looks like he is not the one getting married.

Now that was starting to scared me .

Don't worry they is still ya Mubarak I tried to convince my self

But that is the problem ya Mubarak is the nicest person I have ever met I don't want him to be forcefully married.

But due to some circumstances Salim is going for his master's degree so Mubarak will be the one to get married our grandpa added.

I turned to look at ya Mubarak and I could swear I saw ya Salim smirking.

I look at him he looks like he is about to cry they were tears in his eyes .

But he was blinking to stop them from falling.

I was happy at the same time I am sad and angry.

I am happy is not me getting married .

I am sad cause is ya Mubarak.

I am angry cause ya Salim was able to escape.

Salim will be given a bride after he is done with his master's . Our grandma said.

So in the next two weeks Mubarak is getting married. Our grandma said.

I looked at ya Mubarak's mother who was about to cry too. She already knows the rules she was chosen to marry uncle Alameen too. But I heard that she didn't wanted too marry him she was forced.

What does this mean ya Salim is not getting married until the next two years .

In this two years they can get a bride for me .

WHAT? I didn't know I shouted it out so all eyes turned to look at me .

I turned at have them all the look saying 'What'. Before they all stopped looking at me cause they already know my temper and attitude.

But the bastard started talking.

So why did you shout Fahad ,  ya Salim said.

I turned and glare at him.

Do you even smile Fahad cause you are always frowning he said again.

I was already starting to lose my temper so I ignored him.

But my mom started talking.

Fahad your brother is talking to you I already told you to stop this arrogance of yours . She said.

You know sometimes I wonder whether she gave birth to ya Salim not me cause whenever It comes to him she will always be angry.

I turned and look at her.

I don't really talk alot .

Well I don't feel like answering it I said looking at ya Salim who was smiling at me.

Stop with this attitude of yours she said.

Stop shouting at him my grandparents and father said in unison.

You know that's why I love them they always defend me and allow me to do whatever I want.

Who is the bride uncle Alameen asked.

I was surprised cause even he doesn't know his son's bride.

Is the daughter of  alhaji ibrahim our grandma said.

I don't know who they were talking about.

My grandma look at my confused face and said he is a family friend.

But I still didn't recognize him I never get involve with family friends or any business matter I just enjoy my life.

I stand up and without looking at any one I went out.

I enter my car and drove away one of my friends Is having a party at 10 pm.

But is still early so I decided to go to back home cause I need sleep last night I was at a party in a club so I didn't came back home until 6 am.
I didn't get enough sleep so I need one.
I will talk to ya Mubarak later cause I Know if I was in his shoes he will do the same for me.

***********

Hi everyone

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Well I am not happy ya Mubarak is getting married.

But it has to happen believe me .

Love you 🥰❤️

Ilham 💜