29

Liz's pov

"Four zero seven," Sam said, reading the door, "This is us,"

"That man that just walked by us was just in his tuxedo and underwear," Jake muttered to us through gritted teeth.

"Really?" I asked, leaning behind Sam to get a better look, "I can't see,"

"I saw it," Colby said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders to tug me back into the group of boys.

"Hey!" I looked at him with narrowed eyes, "I wanted to see!"

"Colby's just mad cause he was hot," Corey teased, nudging Colby.

"Why would that matter if- oh," Sam stopped himself, looking back and forth between Colby and I.

"What?" Corey and I asked at the same time.

"You're acting suspicious," Jake said, crossing his arms jokingly.

I looked up at Colby, who stiffly removed his arm from my shoulder.

"What do you guys mean?" Corey asked, looking back and forth between the four of us, "I'm really confused,"

"You didn't tell him?" I asked, looking up at Colby with a confused expression on my face.

"No," He said, scratching the back of his head uncomfortably, "Liz and I broke up,"

"Haha," Corey faked a laugh, winking at the camera, "I see what's going on here,"

"No, they're being serious brother," Jake said quietly, looking back and forth between us again.

"What?" Corey asked, and to my surprise Colby kept filming him, even though he was watching me.

His crystal blue eyes held so many emotions all at once, it was so complex.

Hurt, regret, anger, and maybe a little bit of love.

I couldn't tell. I didn't want to.

"Yeah," I said, confirming what the other boys already said.

"When? Where? Why? Do I get to know the details?" Corey asked and Colby bit his lip.

"Let's get into the hotel room first, maybe we can talk about it later," Colby decided, nodding to Sam to open the door.

We silently walked into the hotel room, taking in everything.

I think we accidentally made it awkward, but the tension in the air was destroyed whenever Jake shouted, "It smells like old people in here!"

"I think it smells like cat litter," I said as I sat down on the bed.

My legs needed a break, along with the rest of my body. I just didn't want to ruin the video by complaining.

"It smells like old lady cat litter," Sam decided as Colby followed in to film everyone, "There's an upstairs,"

"Whoa they have a little upstairs," Colby said, walking up to the steps, "But it's locked,"

"That doesn't make any sense," Sam said as Jake shouted from across the room, "Only rich people get to go up there,"

"Yo," Colby said suddenly as he quickly made his way across the room, "There's a light on over here. Jake, did you turn this on?"

Curiosity made me push away the pain in my legs and lower abdomen temporarily as I followed Corey and Colby across the hotel room.

"Wait, why is the light on?" Corey said as he opened the closet door, "And why is this knocked down?"

On the floor was a white robe, which was odd since there was another one still on the hangar.

All of the guys began shouting out surprised noises, leaving me really confused.

"What?" I asked, looking back and forth between Jake and Corey, who looked the most surprised.

"Do you remember when I was telling you about the Queen Mary that we all went to?" Colby asked, moving his camera out of the way to make eye contact with me.

"The ship?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, well the robe moved while we were there. So it's really strange that it happened again,"

"Oh," I said as I looked back down at the robe, "Oh my god, that's crazy,"

I didn't really understand the significance of the two robes, but I didn't want to seem odd by not reacting at all.

"Yeah, it's time to go," Corey said as he and Sam began strolling to the front door, "Thanks for taking me to this nice hotel, brothers, but I will be choosing a different one to stay at tonight,"

"Wait wait wait," I shouted as I looked around the room, "Turn the light on,"

Jake turned on one of the table lamps, and I pointed to the pillow that was on the floor, "Look at this,"

"Do you think that the people who work here could be fucking with us?" Corey asked, causing us all to become quiet for a moment as we considered it.

"They have to be," Sam decided, "This is promoted as a haunted hotel. So it makes sense,"

"Let's just be cool guys," Jake suggested, holding his arms out to try and relax everybody, "Nothing crazy happened yet,"

"Maybe the maids are just bad," Corey said, and Colby hummed in agreement, "Cause this is a whole ass hotel,"

"But to make a bed then knock off a pillow?" Sam asked, pointing at the pillow that was still on the ground.

"I don't want to talk about it, Sam," Corey decided, marching over and picking up the pillow. "See? Fixed. But what the fuck is this?" He asked as he walked into the next room.

"It's just a random door," Colby said, playing with the lock on it.

He was so focused, they all were, on making such a good video.

But my aching body kept me from enjoying this experience with them.

All I wanted to do was sit down without feeling odd or left out.

"It doesn't even open," Colby noticed, shining his phone light on the door.

The boys began searching all of the doors in the hotel room, but I didn't bother joining in on the fun.

I crept to the bed closest to the door, hoping to be out of their way.

I laid down, laying on my side that faced them as they screwed around.

Colby and Jake climbed over the gate that led to upstairs, exploring the second story of the presidential suite.

"You good, Liz?" Sam asked quietly, causing my eyes to go from drooping closed to wide open.

"Yeah," I gave him a half grin, "My feet just need a break,"

"So do your eyes, apparently," Corey joked, plopping down beside me on the bed.

"Don't blame me," I said, letting my hand rub against my belly, "It's her fault,"

"She's an angel," Corey defended, "But I can't wait to meet her,"

"Me too." I muttered.