33

Liz's pov

I had no idea if I got any sleep after their conversation quieted down.

I woke up to a crashing noise, and all of the boys were shouting in a panic.

"Oh shit!" Sam shouted as I shook awake, seeing him launch himself off of the bed and onto his feet.

"Woah woah woah," Colby said, standing up and cautiously walking towards the edge of the bed.

Corey had sat up from where he was laying down, watching what was going on.

"Get up get up get up," Sam urged Jake and I, who looked at him confused.

"What's going on?" I asked, pushing myself to a sitting position, "What was that noise?"

"The backpack just fell over," Colby said, pointing past the bench at the end of the bed where the bookbag had been sitting since we got here.

Corey ran over and grabbed the camera that had been recording us the entire time before going up to the bookbag.

Jake slid out of the bed, reaching for my hand to help me up.

"Thanks," I winced as he slowly helped me stand up.

My feet and ankles were hurting so bad, all I wanted to do was soak them in a bath.

It was way too late for that though, even though I had no idea what time it was.

But based on the dark circles underneath Colby's panicked and alert eyes, it was probably really late.

"Yo it's blurry as fuck," Corey said, rushing over to Sam and showing him the camera. "Look at the white thing covering the window,"

I limped up to Corey, poking my head over his shoulder to see what he was talking about.

"Wait, what's on Colby?" Corey shouted, causing Colby to sprint away towards the door.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking back and forth from Colby to the camera.

"I'm getting the fuck out of here," Corey said, going past us all to get out of the hotel room.

"Wait wait," I said, staggering after him out of the hotel room.

"Corey!" Colby shouted, trying to get his friend to turn around. I felt his eyes lay on me like a sixth sense, and I looked over just as he went to talk to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his hand pressed gently against my back.

"Yeah," I nodded, side stepping to get his hand off of me.

"Let's talk about this for two seconds," Sam called.

"I'm not going back in there," Corey shouted back, hesitantly coming over to us.

Sam and Colby led the way back into the hotel room, picking up everything that we brought.

"I was putting stuff in there, so it could have been something moving in the bag," Sam reasoned as we left the hotel room.

"So you think something just tipped it over?" Colby asked, scratching his arm.

I could hardly keep up with everybody else's pace, but Jake quickly noticed and slowed down a tad to match my pace.

"Are your hips bothering you?" He asked drowsily, and I looked over to see that he was still probably half asleep.

"My feet are swollen," I said before reasoning, "It's probably because I laid down with my shoes on,"

"Did you get any sleep?" He asked before yawning.

"A little. I miss sleeping in a bed," I said with a sad smile as Sam made us come to a complete stop.