Twenty-Seven

Olivia was a little overwhelmed with the amount of hugs and kisses she got, but she would never tell her children to stop. After being in the hospital for so long, Olivia loved being able to hold her kids and catch up with them. Avery, Jackson, and then Landon all got to hold their baby sister. Marley was snuggled close and her cheeks were covered in kisses.

"Mama, she's so cute," Landon smiled as he sat beside his mother and held his baby sister close.

"Really? You aren't jealous or anything?" Olivia asked, surprised.

"No, Mama! I'm still the cutest. Why would I be jealous?" Landon giggled loudly. Olivia smiled and leaned close to place a soft kiss on her son's hair.

Elliot came into the living room with Avery and Jackson trailing behind him. Serena was upstairs in Olivia's room packing up, because for the first time in weeks she'd finally be able to go to her own apartment and sleep in her own bed.

"What now?" Avery asked as she handed Olivia a bottle of water. 

"Now we get used to life as a family," Olivia spoke, a small smile on her lips.

"Like Avery is my sissy now, too?" Landon questioned as he hesitantly passed Marley to Elliot.

"If it's fine with her, it's fine with me and Elliot," Olivia replied. Landon glanced at Avery, his eyes wide with anticipation. 

Avery's cheeks grew rosy, and she dropped her eyes down to her hands.

"If you aren't ready, it's okay," Jackson whispered from where he sat beside her. Avery shook her head and finally looked up.

"It's not that I'm not ready... It's just strange because I finally have siblings, and I've always wanted some. Do you think Mom is going to take me away? If she is-"

"Your mother doesn't have custody of you, AJ. She won't take you away, so if you want to be a big sister to the boys and MJ, then that is up to you," Elliot spoke. Avery looked at Olivia for guidance.

"Take some time, baby. We will all be waiting for your response."

///

Serena hesitantly left after dinner, but promised to be back if they needed help at all. Olivia promised her mother that they should be good for a while and to enjoy her freedom while she had it.

Marley was pretty easy going her first day home. She loved being snuggled by anyone that was willing to hold her. The kids surrounded her and gave her attention almost nonstop. By the time everyone was ready for bed, Marley decided to shed her sweetness and get incredibly fussy.

"Were the boys like this?" Elliot asked as he swayed with Marley in her arms. Olivia was getting stuff around to change Marley's diaper. If that didn't soothe the baby, then she was hoping feeding her would do the job.

"My boys were little monsters," Olivia sighed as she slowly reached for a diaper.

"Liv, you are going to hurt yourself-"

"I'm fine. Everything is ready, so bring that baby over here," Olivia said with a forced smile.

Elliot carried Marley to the bed and laid her on a blanket before he started to change her diaper. While he was doing that, the bedroom door opened and Avery watched quietly.

"Still being fussy... C'mon, MJ. Work with me and Mama," Elliot frowned.

"Is there something I can help with?" Avery whispered. Olivia turned quickly to look at their eldest.

"Honey, I'm sorry that Marley is keeping you awake. If you want-"

"It's okay. It's her first night here. She must be a little scared," Avery replied sweetly. Olivia wished that was the issue, but she didn't think it really was. 

"Liv, why don't you sit down and try to feed her? I'll take Avery back to bed," Elliot spoke. Olivia nodded and reached for her baby.

When Elliot turned to Avery, he saw tears on her cheeks. Elliot quickly squatted down in front of his daughter and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"What's wrong?"

"Can we talk?" Avery sniffled.

"Of course. Let's-"

"No, with Liv," Avery whispered. Elliot nodded before leaning in and kissing his daughter's forehead softly. He lifted his daughter up and carried her to the bed where Olivia was nursing Marley.

Olivia turned to look at Avery before looking up at Elliot and frowning.

"What's happening, sweetie?"

Avery swallowed hard and settled into her father's side as she played with the hem of her nightshirt.

Ever since she and her father moved to New York, things have been strange. For weeks, she rarely saw her father because he was always at the hospital with Olivia, and she only saw Olivia once before Marley was born. Now everyone was home, and it felt weird for her. Avery had never had siblings, but now Landon and Jackson want her to be their big sister and it was overwhelming. 

"There... there is so much change happening. I thought I was only a big sister to Marley, but now Landon and Jackson want me to be their big sister, too? Like officially?" Avery questioned quietly.

"Avery, do you want to just be their friend?" Olivia asked, as she kept looking between Avery and Marley.

"I-i don't know. What would Mom say?" Avery whispered. Elliot frowned deeply and turned to look at Olivia. Her face was covered in anger, because all of this seemed to lead back to Christine. The woman that was a complete monster and probably always would be.

"AJ, you can't let your mother decide what you want to do. She isn't here. So if you wanna be a sister to the boys, you can. If you want to call Olivia your mama, that is your right too. Don't let your mother hold you back when she hasn't even spoken to you in weeks," Elliot frowned.

Avery leaned forward and looked up at her father.

"I can call her mama?" Avery whispered, a small smile growing on her lips.

"If you'd like," Elliot whispered back. Avery smiled before turning to Olivia.

"Liv, can I talk about Landon and Jackson as my brothers and call you Mama?" Avery smiled, as she wiggled a little with excitement.

"It would be an honor, AJ."