3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(NOT: BÖLÜMÜN TÜRKÇE YAZILI HALİ AŞAĞIDA)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He started it up like a child with a new toy. We talked about my last painting as we walked along Bebek beach. Bora knew that my whole life was planned and programmed and that such uncertainties made me nervous, so he tried to comfort me in his own way.

"It's almost over. I will introduce you to my friends at the university. They are good guys. One of them is even dating a girl from our college. He is also coming with a friend."

When we arrived at Divan in Bebek, one of the tables near the beach was prepared for us. He introduced me to his friends one by one. They joked among themselves over me and tried to look cute. But no matter how cute they were trying to be, I was questioning myself why I was here and why I was wasting my time with these empty people, since I wasn't a people person. Ten or fifteen minutes later, the girl Bora had told me about, the girl we went to the same college with, and her friend arrived.

"Su. Remember the marbling?"

Since the family I belonged to was a well-established family, I went to school from exam to exam. The college I was studying at sent the lecture notes with the students. I remember Ebru coming to the hospital a few times for her lecture notes. She was very scared when she first saw me. Even though I remembered Ebru, I looked at Bora as if I needed to remember.

"I remember you. I came to visit you in the hospital once when you were in high school. Of course you didn't have hair then and you were thinner. If Bora hadn't called you Su, I wouldn't have recognized you at all. Did you graduate from college?"

Ebru must have been offended by his gaze, because when she tried to answer me, I could see that she remained at the same level as when she was a child. I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry to have left such a deep mark on your memory. You've changed a lot too. Even though I couldn't make it to the graduation ceremony, I graduated in the same semester as you. I got into the Business Administration program at Boğaziçi University before I lost a year. I take exams as long as my health allows. You?"

Bora intervened because he didn't want the situation to escalate further.

"Whatever. What? We are all here. Let's enjoy the moment. Su. You like sweets. Let's choose dessert."

"Okay."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TÜRKÇE BÖLÜM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeni oyuncağına kavuşmuş bir çocuk edasıyla çalıştırdı. Bebek sahilinde ilerlerken son tablom üzerinde konuştuk. Bora tüm hayatımın planlı ve programlı olduğundan bu tür belirsizlikler beni gerdiğini bildiğinden kendince rahatlatmaya çalışıyordu.

"Az kaldı. Üniversitede ki arkadaşlarımla tanıştıracağım seni. İyi çocuklar. Hatta biri okuduğumuz kolejde ki bir kızla çıkıyor. O da gelecek bir arkadaşıyla."

Bebek'te ki Divan'a geldiğimizde bizim için sahile yakın masalardan biri hazırlanmıştı. Arkadaşlarıyla sırayla tanıştırdı. Kendi aralarında benim üzerinden şakalaştılar ve bana sevimli görünmeye çalışıyorlardı. Yalnız ne kadar sevimli olmaya çalışsalar da, pek insan canlısı olmadığımdan kendi kendime neden burada olduğumu ve bu boş insanlarla neden zaman öldürdüğümü sorguluyordum. On veya on beş dakika sonra Bora'nın bahsettiği aynı kolejde okuduğumuz kız ve arkadaşı geldiler.

"Su. Ebruyu hatırladın mı?"

Üyesi olduğum aile sözü geçen köklü bir aile olduğundan, sınavlardan sınava okula gidiyordum. Okuduğum kolej ders notlarını öğrencilerle gönderiyordu. Ebru ise ders notları için birkaç kere hastaneye gelişlerinden hatırlıyorum. Beni ilk gördüğünde çok korkmuştu. Ebru'yu hatırlasam da, Bora'ya hatırlamam gerekiyor mu dercesine baktım.

"Ben seni hatırladım. Lisede iken bir kere hastaneye ziyaretine gelmiştim. O zaman tabii saçın yoktu ve daha zayıftın. Bora sana Su diye hitap etmeseydi katiyen tanıyamazdım. Şimdi ne yapıyorsun. Kolejden mezun olabildin mi?"

Ebru bakışlarından rencide olmuş ki, bana cevap vermeye çalışırken çocukluğundaki seviyesizlikte kaldığı anlaşılıyordu. Derin bir nefes alıp verdim.

"Hafızanda böyle derin bir iz bıraktığım için üzüldüm. Sende çok değişmişsin. Mezuniyet törenine gelemesem de seninle aynı dönemde mezun oldum. Yıl kaybetmeden Boğaziçi Üniversitesi İşletme bölümünü kazandım. Sağlığım el verdikçe sınavlarına giriyorum. Sen?"

Bora olayın daha da kızışmasını istemediği için araya girdi.

"Neyse. Ne? Hepimiz buradayız. Anın tadını çıkartalım. Su. Sen tatlı seversin. Gel tatlı seçelim seninle."

"Tamam"