16

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(NOT: BÖLÜMÜN TÜRKÇE YAZILI HALİ AŞAĞIDA)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually, he asked a very good question. Why was I really following this man? I didn't know the answer to that question either, just something inside me was telling me to follow him. When he saw me smiling in the rearview mirror in response;

"Got it." He said and there was silence in the car. Since I used plaza and aristocratic language for most of my life; I saw how nice it was to speak freely without thinking about status. Even though the taxi driver was older than me, I liked the fact that he called me "sister" with all sincerity without any ulterior motives, and then tried to have a friendly and sincere conversation to find out the problem between him and me, even though I was a stranger.

When the car in front of us entered the car park of 195 Büyükdere Plaza in Levent, the taxi parked in a suitable place.

I told him to wait, got out of the taxi and entered the plaza. Since it was the beginning of working hours; a lot of people were entering, swiping their cards through the turnstiles of the plaza and heading towards the elevators. When I went to the lobby to ask about the companies in the building, they gave me a catalog. I left the plaza and went back to the taxi.

"Sarıyer. I'll give you directions when we get to Sarıyer."

As I looked at the catalog in my hand as we drove down the road, my heart was pounding for no reason. When we got to Sarıyer, I gave the taxi driver directions the rest of the way. When I got home, my nanny had just woken up. I tucked the catalog in my tights so he wouldn't see it and took out my t-shirt.

"Su, what's with the outfit? I can't let you leave the house for sports without breakfast."

"I thought I'd walk a bit, but I don't feel like it. I've changed my mind. Why don't you make breakfast and I'll change?"

"I'll make you a nice vegetable omelet."

As my nanny walked towards the kitchen, I went up to my room to change. As soon as I entered my room, I took out the catalog I had hidden behind my back, pressed it to my chest as if I was hugging it and started to turn around. When I got to my bed, I let myself fall on my bed. I had a strange happiness inside me.

I got out of bed, changed my clothes, went to my flower and told her what I had experienced in the morning. As if she could answer me, she said, "It's out of my control, I seem to be drawn to her. Dad, what are these feelings? Why am I acting like this? Do you think this is love? No, love can't be like this," I said and left the room. As I walked towards my room, I sat in front of the canvas and thought, "Why did I follow you this morning?" My phone started ringing. It was Bora. Shall we go to the movies this afternoon? He had called to say. I had just ended the call after deciding where and when we were going to watch the movie when I felt something hot coming out of my nose. When I tilted my head forward and a few drops of blood dripped on the floor, I took a few paper napkins from the box of napkins next to my paints and stuffed them in my nose. I was wiping the blood dripping on the floor when my nanny yelled that breakfast was ready. "I'll be right down," I replied, since she reported my every move to my mother. As I went to the bathroom in my room and slowly removed the napkin from my nose, I was mumbling, "Please stop. Please stop." Fortunately, the bleeding had stopped. I washed my face and went down to my nanny.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TÜRKÇE BÖLÜM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Aslında çok doğru bir soru sormuştu. Gerçekten ben bu adamı neden takip ediyordum? Bu sorunun cevabını bende bilmiyordum. Sadece içimden bir şey takip etmemi söylüyordu. Dikiz aynasından cevap olarak gülümsediğimi görünce;

"Anladım." Dedi ve arabada bir sessizlik oldu. Hayatımın büyük çoğunluğu, plaza ve aristokratik dil kullandığımdan; statü düşünmeden rahatça konuşmanın aslında ne kadar güzel bir şey olduğunu gördüm. Taksici yaşça benden büyük olsa da bana art niyet olmadan tüm samimiyeti ile bana abla demesi, ardından onunla aramdaki sorunun öğrenmek için dostça samimi şekilde sohbet etmeye çalışmasına her ne kadar yabancı olsam da hoşuma gitmişti.

Önümüzde ki araç Levent 'deki 195 Büyükdere Plaza'nın oto parkına girince, taksice uygun bir yere park etti.
Beklemesini söyleyip, taksiden inip plazaya girdim. Mesai saati başlangıcı olduğu için; Bir sürü insan girip plazanın turnikelerinden kartlarını okutup asansörlere doğru gidiyorlardı. Binada ki şirketleri öğrenmek amacıyla, lobiye gidip sorduğumda bana bir katalog verdiler. Plazadan çıkıp taksiye geri döndüm.

"Sarıyer. Sarıyer'e geldiğimizde size tarif edeceğim"

Yolda ilerlerken elimde ki kataloğa baktıkça anlamsız şekilde kalbim küt küt çarpıyordu. Gülümsememi bir türlü engelleyemiyordum. Sarıyer'e geldiğimizde taksiciye geri kalan yolu tarif ettim. Eve girdiğimde dadım daha yeni uyanmıştı. Elimde ki kataloğu görmesin diye taytımın içine sokup, tişörtümü dışarı çıkardım.

"Su bu kıyafet ne? Kahvaltı yapmadan spor için evden ayrılmana izin veremem."
"Biraz yürürüm demiştim ama hiç halim yok gibi. Kararımı değiştirdim. Hadi sen kahvaltıyı hazırla bende üstümü değiştireyim."

"Sana güzel bir sebzeli omlet yapacağım."

Dadım mutfağa doğru yürürken, bende üstümü değiştirmek için odama çıktım. Odama girer girmez arkama sakladığım kataloğu çıkartıp onu kucaklıyormuşum gibi göğsüme bastırıp etrafımda dönmeye başladım. Yatağıma geldiğimde kendimi yatağıma bıraktım. İçimde garip bir mutluluk vardı.
Yataktan kalkıp, üstümü değiştirdim. Çiçeğimin yanına gidip; çiçeğime sabah yaşadıklarımı anlattım. Sanki bana cevap verebilecekmiş gibi "Kontrolümün dışında, ona çekiliyor gibiyim. Baba bu hissettiklerim ne? Neden böyle davranıyorum? Sence bu aşk mı? Yok canım aş böyle olamaz" diye konuşup, bölmeden çıktım. Odama doğru ilerlerken, tualin önüne oturup "Bu sabah seni neden takip ettim?" diye düşündüm. Telefonum çalmaya başladı. Arayan Bora idi. Öğleden sonra sinemaya gidelim mi? Demek için aramıştı. Sinemayı nerede izleyeceğimiz ve saati karar verip görüşmeyi sonlandırmıştım ki, burnumdan sıcak bir şeyin aktığını hissettim. Kafamı öne doğru eğdiğimde, yere birkaç damla kan damlayınca, boyalarımın yanında duran kutu peçetelikten birkaç tane kağıt peçete çekip, burnuma tıktım. Yere damlayan kanları siliyordum ki; dadım kahvaltının hazır olduğu konusunda bağırıyordu. Her hareketimi anneme rapor verdiğinden "birazdan iniyorum" diye cevap verdim. Odamda ki banyoya gidip burnumda ki peçeteyi yavaşça çıkartırken "Lütfen dur. Lütfen durmuş" ol diye mırıldanıyordum. Neyse ki kanamam durmuştu. Yüzümü yıkayıp, dadımın yanına indim.