💛Chapter 4💛

Goldenflow was busy preparing traveling herbs for their journey to the Moonpool. "Alright, now I just need some daisies..."

"Rushingpaw! Can you bring me some daisies?"

The blue-grey tom nodded and rushed into the corner of the medicine den. Saptail walked in. Goldenflow looked up from her herbs and blinked. "Hello Saptail, what can I do for you?" Saptail rolled her eyes. "You don't need to act neutral around me, Goldenflow. I just wanted to know why you're leaving so early?"

"The Moonpool is all the way up from ThunderClan territory. It's pretty far."

"ThunderClan territory? Wow, you're brave!"

"How so? Oh, thank you, Rushingpaw." Goldenflow added as her apprentice dropped some daisies at her paws.

"Well, ThunderClan is very protective with their borders these days. They're craving for a fight."

Goldenflow shrugged. "So? They can't stop me. It's against the warrior code to attack a medicine cat."

Saptail sighed in defeat. "True."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Cause I've got a feeling that something bad will happen."

Goldenflow touched her nose to her friend. "Nothing bad will happen. I'll be extra cautious."

...

The ThunderClan patrol walked around their territory.

"Can someone remind me why we're out here?"

"Because Earthstar ordered us to! Now can you shut up, Grasstail?"

"Fine... but what's the purpose?"

"Because we want to attack the medicine cats remember?"

"Oh yeah. Thanks, Seedfern."

"What was that?"

"What?"

"A twig snapped... over there!"

The two cats darted under a bush. They saw a flash of ginger and brown pass through the trees.

"That must be the apprentice!"

"Yes... the cat looked young."

"I don't care if it's young! Now come on before we lose the scent!"

They both started to pad towards the scent of the young cat.

...

Dawnpaw crept through the forest. It was so dark. But the scent of Goldenflow was clear. Her paws ached. Suddenly, she had a sinking feeling that she wasn't alone. She heard pawsteps behind her. They were getting faster. And faster. Dawnpaw didn't dare cry for help. Instead, she broke out into a sprint. The pawsteps were gaining on her. She felt relieved when she saw Goldenflow down below. Water! I could stay in the water until the cats are gone. That must be the Moonpool!

She didn't even notice when the pawsteps stopped. She just kept on going to the pool. Time was slowing down around her. She swore that she heard voices warning her to not go in the Moonpool. But she didn't listen. The pool got closer and closer...