💛Chapter 9💛

"The cats coming to the gathering are Redwhisker, Thornwillow, Duskclaw, and Fishpelt. We will be leaving shortly."

Mothstar leaped off the willow tree and patted into her den with Waterfoot.

Goldenflow bounded over to Duskclaw, who was trembling with sadness.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Duskclaw looked into her eyes. "I just wish my sister was a warrior with me."

Goldenflow had no control of what she said next.

"She is. Her name is Dawnlight in StarClan."

Duskclaw's mouth gaped open with horror.

"She's dead!? And you didn't tell me? What is wrong with you!?" he snarled.

"I-"

"Don't try to apologize. I'm reporting this to Mothstar." Duskclaw stalked off to Mothstar's den.

I'm in so much trouble. Goldenflow thought.

She felt a tail touch her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" It was Saptail.

"I'm in so much trouble..."

Saptail gasped. "Oh no! What did you do?"

"You don't want to know."

"Yes, I do."

"Fine, I-"

"Goldenflow!" Whaterfoot's voice shook her. "Mothstar wants to have a talk with you. And she doesn't seem happy."

As Goldenflow patted towards the leader's den, she heard Waterfoot mutter, "I can't believe it. Who knew that one of us is a lier?"

...

Mothstar was twitching her tail impatiently when Goldenflow walked in. Mothstar looked up to stare at her, and with that stare, cold fury lurked.

"So, are you sad that you didn't get to keep your little secret?"

"What? No! I was going to tell you eventually!"

Mothstar let out a snort of disbelief. "When hedgehogs fly!"

She thrust her muzzle right in Goldenflow's face. "What other secrets are you hiding?"

"Nothing."

"You can't fool me. Now tell me, or you'll face dire consequences."

"I don't care if you exile me! Or kill me! I won't reveal anything! You won't understand!"

Mothstar narrowed her eyes. "If you won't tell me, then I'll ask StarClan!"

"What? And how are you going to do that?"

"Like this."

Mothstar unsheathed her claws. Terror shook Goldenflow. Mothstar had seven lives left. And she was going to waist them by killing herself.

Over and over again.