💛Chapter 17💛

Goldenflow woke up in StarClan that night. I'll be here soon enough, she thought. There's no Hope left.

"Yes, there is."

Goldenflow whipped around. It was Silvershore again.

"What do you mean?" Goldenflow was getting tired of StarClan's secrets.

"StarClan has learned some new information. The darkness is coming from a cave not far from the Tribe. You must go there. StarClan has a plan to end the darkness forever."

"Wait, what? What cave?"

"StarClan will light your path."

...

Goldenflow opened her eyes to see it wasn't dawn yet. It was still dark outside. Goldenflow's eyes widened when she saw some glittery water leading outside. Wait, that's not ordinary water! That's the water from the Moonpool back home! It's starlight! This is a trail from StarClan!

Goldenflow quietly stalked outside. The chilly breeze ruffled her fur. She felt a pelt flank her. But there was no cat there. Must've imagined it.

She kept following the starlight trail until she reached a dark cave.

This must be it. Oh StarClan, whatever your plan is, I hope it works.

Goldenflow crouched down, and slowly entered the cave. She could have never prepared herself for what came next.

Her sister and Dawnlight were there, in the cave, talking with an unseen being. As Goldenflow came closer, Silvershore's tail twitched. She knew I was coming! She probably left that trail!

"Please get rid of the darkness!" Dawnlight begged. "It would mess up the future!"

"No." A snarl came from all around them. Goldenflow didn't dare talk or she would be discovered.

"Fate will come. I might have abandoned StarClan for my kind, but I still predict what awaits."

"Traitor! Why did you leave us when we needed you most?" Silvershore growled.

A deep chuckle came from the thing. It wasn't a cat, that's for sure. The sound sounds familiar but Goldenflow couldn't place it.

"Weakness, my friend. I waited a long time to take that advantage. And now, I have all your secrets. And of course, I spilled them all to that loner all those seasons ago."

"Double traitor! I don't know who that loner is, but he must have been trouble." Dawnlight stated.

"Oh, he was. He wanted to destroy the Clans as much as I did. But I had to wait. I needed your trust, and every other cat's trust to make my plan work. And you even gave me the power to foresee the future! Now my plan will be complete. Now, does StarClan surrender? Because I could kill them a second time if you want."

Goldenflow heard Silvershore's growl and Dawnlight's snarl. But they didn't answer. Goldenflow felt herself trembling. If StarClan surrenders, will it be the end of the Clans and the Tribe?