💛Chapter 10💛

"No! Stop!"

But it was no use. Mothstar slashed open her own throat. And Goldenflow felt helpless. She just stood there and watched as Mothstar killed herself seven times.

"One last time. Then I discover everything of yours." Mothstar grinned. Her paws and pelt were dripping with blood. Mothstar reached up to end herself. Goldenflow couldn't take it anymore. She lunged at her leader.

"What are you doing?!" Mothstar shrieked as she got pinned down.

"You can't do this! Fine, I'll tell you all of my secrets!"

Mothstar grinned evilly. "Oh, it's too late for that. I only have one life left. What's the use of living now?"

To Goldenflow's horror, Mothstar reached up and tore her throat open one last time, before closing her eyes forever. The blood splattered all over Goldenflow. Fighting panic, she started washing herself before she was blamed for Mothstar's death.

"Mothstar? Are we going yet?"

Waterfoot poked his head into the den and his eyes widened in terror. The terror quickly turned to fury.

"You murdered our leader!"

Before Goldenflow could react, Waterfoot jumped onto the willow tree branch.

"Everyone! Come here immediately!"

Cats started hurrying towards the willow tree, looking concerned and frightened.

"What's going on?" Sunpelt, one of the elders called. "And where is Mothstar?"

Waterfoot looked down at the crowd.

"I have brought terrible news: Mothstar is dead."

Cats started yowling in panic.

"What caused Mothstar to lose a life?" Redwhisker questioned.

"Not just one life, but all of them."

Goldenflow had never seen the Clan look so terrified.

"I know who murdered Mothstar." Waterfoot continued.

The Clan was dead silent.

"It was Goldenflow."

Shocked gasps spread throughout the Clan.

"Goldenflow? She would never!" That was Saptail.

Waterfoot's eyes narrowed. "Are you sure about that? Goldenflow, step out of the leader's den."

As Goldenflow stepped out, she saw shocked expressions on every cat except Waterfoot.

"I can't believe it! My mentor is a killer!" Rushingpaw cried.

"Goldenflow! I can't believe you! I can't even believe you're my clanmate!" Aquastorm exclaimed.

"Enough! Goldenflow, do you have anything to say for yourself?" Waterfoot inquired.

Not bothering to argue, Goldenflow shook her head.

"Then I hereby send you into exile. If you are spotted on our territory, my warriors have permission to kill you." Waterfoot finished.

Not bothering to say anything, Goldenflow turned around and patted towards the exit of the camp. As she did, she felt every single cat's eyes piercing into her fur.