💛Chapter 13💛

It's been a few days since Goldenflow and Redwing had arrived in the Tribe of Clear Skies.

"I can't believe this is where the prophecy wanted us to go! A whole new Tribe! Isn't this exciting!" Redwing exclaimed.

They were sitting and eating their daily meal in the cave. The Tribe hunts fish, birds, and sometimes foxes, to Fox's dislike. The mouse-brain thinks it's insulting to his name.

"Yeah, it is. I was thinking of joining the Tribe."

Redwing's eyes went wide with surprise. "Really? I'm happy for you, Goldenflow."

Goldenflow took a bite of her share of bird. It tasted pretty good. She'd been used to eating fish for her whole life so she had no idea of what she was missing out on.

"Aren't you staying with me?"

"Of course! Why would I want to go back to the Clans?"

"Speaking of the Clans, why don't you tell us about them?" Fox's voice came from behind them.

Goldenflow turned around and stared into his eyes. His eyes were bright brown, almost glowing. Reality turned off around her. She felt as if she could stare into his eyes forever.

"Um, Goldenflow, are you paying attention?" Redwing's voice broke her trance.

Goldenflow blinked. "Yes."

Fox narrowed his eyes in amusement. "Someone's thinking about something."

Goldenflow froze. "What do you mean?"

Before Fox could respond, Skywatcher patted to the center of the clearing. Someone shouted, "Skywatcher wants to speak!"

All commotion stopped. Cats were staring silently at Skywatcher.

"Tribe of Clear Skies, as you know, we have two guests formerly of the Clans. The Tribe of Endless Hunting has spoken: they accept these two cats into our Tribe if they wish."

Turning to Redwing, Skywatcher addressed her.

"Redwing, do you wish to join our Tribe, and with it, our ways and beliefs?"

Goldenflow felt her breathing stop. If she joins the Tribe, she might lose contact with her sister forever! But something was telling her that she would still see her sister. Oh, I hope I'm making the right choice!

Goldenflow looked at Redwing, and felt comforted that her friend was thinking the same thing: Will they lose contact with StarClan forever?

But her friend made her decision. "I do."

"And now The Tribe of Endless Hunting will know you as Red Wing Over Sunset. Our Tribe welcomes you as a cave guard. You will receive training in our ways of fighting starting tomorrow. You may still use your old name."

"Red Wing Over Sunset!" the Tribe cheered.

Redwing looked happy to hear her new name.

Skywatcher turned towards Goldenflow.

"Goldenflow, do you wish to join our Tribe, and with it, our ways and beliefs?"

Goldenflow didn't hesitate. "I do."

"And now The Tribe of Endless Hunting will know you as Golden That Flows Through The Stream. Our Tribe welcomes you as a prey hunter. You will receive training in our ways of hunting starting tomorrow. You may still use your old name."

"Golden That Flows Through The Stream!" the Tribe cheered.

Goldenflow turned to see Fox looking happy. She sighed. This is the destiny that I've been waiting for. And nothing will change that.