💛Chapter 18💛

The silence went on for a while. Was StarClan actually considering surrendering?

"No. StarClan will not surrender. We will stand and fight." Silvershore declared.

"Very well, you will fight me. If you win, all darkness shall be removed and I shall rest forever. If I win, fate will settle on the Clans."

Goldenflow heard loud trampling come from one of the other caverns. She was just about to warn her sister and Dawnlight when a huge female badger came into the small cave. A badger!? How in StarClan's name would two cats fight off that?

"Let the fight begin!" the badger roared. Goldenflow was shocked. That was the thing speaking all this time? Badgers couldn't talk! Something was amiss here.

Silvershore began batting the badger's face with unsheathed claws. Meanwhile, Dawnlight struck it from the back. Clever... Dawnlight was always the smart one compared to her brother.

"You will pay for your crimes, Midnight!" Silvershore yowled.

Midnight? The badger had a name? What is going on here!?

Midnight lunged at Silvershore, knocking her over. Silvershore shrieked with fury.

Oh, no... not my sister! She can't die again! Medicine cat or not, I'm going in!

With a battle cry that she had learned from her old friend Saptail, Goldenflow jumped on top of the badger. Midnight was confused for a second but still kept her focus on Silvershore. Suddenly, Dawnlight leaped at Midnight's face just before Midnight knocked her down. Goldenflow glanced at Silvershore. She was still stunned by the hard blow. Well, I guess it's my call. Goldenflow thought.

Dawnlight let out a terrified wail as Midnight lifted her huge claws to finish her. Just before Goldenflow could move, a flash of silver passed right in front of Dawnlight.

"No!" Goldenflow yowled as Midnight's claws ripped open her sister's throat. Silvershore choked on her own blood as she landed. Midnight looked at her victoriously for a few moments. To Goldenflow's amazement, while the badger was distracted, Dawnlight lunged up and clawed at Midnight's eyes. The badger shrieked in pain and fury.

"I can't see! I can't see!" she roared as she fell to the ground.

Dawnlight looked at Goldenflow and blinked.

"Would you like to do the honors?"

Goldenflow nodded. She felt no pity towards this creature.

She raised her paws, and claws unsheathed, raked them down Midnight's throat. Midnight screeched in agony before lying still.

To Goldenflow's shock, sunlight immediately shone through the - once dark cave - turning it golden. Dawnlight looked up.

"The darkness has gone!" she echoed. She turned towards Goldenflow.

"Without your help, StarClan would have lost. We will always be greatful. But victory comes with a price." Dawnlight gestured sadly to Silvershore's dead body.

"Silvershore! She'll never be able to visit me again! Where is she now?" Goldenflow wailed.

Dawnlight twitched her whiskers. "StarClan does not know. But wherever she is, I'm sure she's safe and has eternal rest. She has earned it well. Don't be sad, because one day you'll get to see her again. I promise."

Goldenflow sighed. "It's been a long day. I think I need rest. My belly has not been the best lately."

Dawnlight chuckled. "From what I learned from you is that you're expecting kits."

Goldenflow's heart stopped. "Really? Fox will sure be happy! But I'm not sure..."

Dawnlight rested her tail on Goldenflow's shoulder. "You'll be fine. Enjoy your life while you can, Goldenflow. Because you never know when it will be ended." Dawnlight faded away into StarClan once more.

Goldenflow sighed, knowing how true that statement was.