💛Chapter 6💛

"WHAT????"

Redwing's surprise echoed so loudly that Goldenflow thought her clanmates could hear it back in their camp. But hey, what other reaction could there be?

Whitemist looked like she didn't believe it. Goldenflow couldn't blame her. After all, who would believe that shadow spirits were invading from the depths of The Void or whatever that is? You might as well say it's the end of the world.
"Did you get a prophecy with this too?" Whitemist asked while rolling her eyes.

"Actually, I did."

That made Whitemist widen her eyes. Redwing looked like she knew she was going to die.

"Well, what's the prophecy?" Whitemist questioned. Goldenflow noticed that there was a hint of nervousness in her voice.

Goldenflow repeated the prophecy.

"Wow. I can't believe it! It is true!" Whitemist exclaimed.

"Did you think I was lying about shadow things coming to destroy us?"

"No... it just sounds odd though. I've never seen anything like this." Redwing replied.

"Well, I don't know what to do. Like what does 'Where the green grass grows' mean?" Goldenflow inquired.
"Well, maybe you have to travel next to the stream until Greenleaf." Redwing suggested.

Goldenflow shot a glare at her. "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You're hiding something." She snapped.

"Goldenflow, there's something you're not telling us." Redwing retorted angrily.

Alarm shot through Goldenflow.

"What do you mean?"

Redwing's green eyes were blazing with fury. "You thought I didn't see it, did you? This whole thing is your fault!"

Before Goldenflow could reply, Whitemist turned toward her and asked, "What did you do?"

"Yes, Whitemist deserves to know. Tell her." Redwing's voice was terrifyingly calm.

Goldenflow couldn't say it. She spun around and shouted, "Meet me here at the next half-moon! I'll explain everything!"

They didn't answer as Goldenflow sprinted into the forest.

...

She ran into the dawn patrol before she got to her camp. The patrol consisted of Saptail, Sunfur, Seabreeze, and Thornwillow. No doubt Sunfur was the one leading it. After all, he was the Clan deputy.

"Goldenflow! It's already dawn! Are you alright? Have you seen Dawnpaw?"

Dawnpaw! Goldenflow had almost forgotten about the poor apprentice. Saptail was looking at her with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine." Goldenflow panted.

"That's all fine, but we have some bad news: Dawnpaw is missing," Sunfur announced sadly. "Mothstar is panicking and the whole Clan is worried. And worse: none of the other Clans have her. Duskpaw refuses to do anything except mope all day instead of helping us find his sister."

"And Aquastorm is also panicking because it ruins her reputation as a mentor. And because she's responsible for Dawnpaw." Thornwillow added.

"So, have you seen anything?" Seabreeze questioned.

"No, I haven't seen her. I hope she's okay." Goldenflow felt extremely guilty for telling lies when she knew exactly why Dawnpaw was missing.

All the cats sighed with disappointment.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later," Saptail murmured.

...

The whole camp was in a panic when Goldenflow arrived. She needed to talk to Mothstar, needed to visit WindClan to ask Breezefeather to come to the meeting tonight and make Rushingpaw a full-fledged medicine cat. She sighed: There was a lot to do. But not now, she thought. I'll just get some rest first. After all, maybe everything will be fine when I wake up...