Terrence

2

I got up this morning and headed for the shower. I quickly washed my hair and body due to how I was running later than usual. First day back will do that to some seniors. After the shower I quickly ruffled the towel through my hair to dry it as best and as quick as I could. I then grabbed my gel and dabbed a little bit onto my hands and softly styled it. I then walked out my closet picking out my shoes, because I'm a weird person and pick my outfit based on my shoes. My mother makes fun of me too much about it.

I grabbed my grey vans, and slid on dark wash jeans. I then grabbed my baseball tee with faded red 3/4th sleeves and grey front and back. I then grabbed my backpack and a pair of shades and headed down to the kitchen after applying deodorant and cologne.

I padded my way down to the kitchen seeing my mom frying the pancakes. I smiled at my younger brother Austin as he smiled at me, his mouth outlined in syrup. I shook my head and poured him some more milk. I then noticed Jaime, my younger sister- Austin's twin, wasn't here yet so she still must be asleep. I then gave my mom a good morning kiss and told her I'd be back down with Jaime.

I walked into her room and saw her hair in a fan around her, her left arm dangling from the bed. I chuckled and walked up to her shaking her softly. "Jaime. It's time to get up." She let out a groan before her eyes popped open. She smiled brightly at me before mumbling a good morning. I told her to get ready and meet me outside her room, so we could go down stairs together.

As I stood outside her room looking at a small family portrait we took a few years back I got thinking. My dad is the father to all three of us, but when the twins were only 5 months along when he left to be with some woman. I haven't seen him since he left that day. I still remember watching him pack.

He hurriedly threw all his clothes into a suitcase before turning to me and saw me. "Son," My father started. "I'm going to leave now. Be good."

"What about mommy and the babies?" I asked my 8 year old self confused.

"They will be okay, I have to go okay. I have someone waiting for me."

"When will you be back." He just stared at me then and shook his head standing up.

"I won't Terrence." And then he just left. I woke mom up from her nap she was taking on the couch and then she called a few friends over before sending me to bed. I heard her crying though, the sobs forever on reply in my head for future years.

Now Jaime and Austin are now in 5th grade, me a senior and my mom has yet to find a guy she could trust all thanks to my dad running off with some hoe.

"Ence?" Jaime called out tugging on my hand. Ever since they were little they could never say my name, so for them, they call me Ence.

"Yeah, Jai?" I asked kneeling down to her height. Which was almost to my rib cage now.

"Ready to go?" She asked her dark hazel looking at me intently.

I nodded and lead her down to the kitchen serving her a pancake with a banana on the side. I then grabbed a couple for myself and my mom setting her plate up with a cup of coffee while I grabbed the Orange Juice. My mom sacrificed a lot for us, so she works as early as she can being a nurse. She could go in earlier than 6:30 like she does now, but she decides not to.