Mia

29 

Today is the day everything comes out. I'm going to testify against him today, I'm going to be free today.

I woke up and Terrence smiled down at me, and I gave a smile back. We all then ate breakfast together and got ready before heading out to the station. It was around 9 when we woke up, but by the time everyone got ready, especially the twins, we left the house around 11:30.

We made it to the station by 12 and I saw most of my street neighbors waiting outside, talking. I searched for Terrence's hand and squeezed it as we all walked closer to them.

Apparently one of the witnesses is someone the Meyers family knows, Mrs. Vallarta. I never knew people 3 doors down could hear me screaming. When we walked in he came over to me immediately.

Terrence though held out his hand and 3 other officers came over to see what is happening.

"What is the meaning of all this Mia?"

I gulped and held Terrence's hand tighter. This is more than I bargained for.

"Sir, not to overstep, but we know what you do to Mia."

"And what on God's Earth do you think it is I do to my daughter?"

"Abuse her." Terrence said. All at once everyone started yelling and two men had to hold him back, from tearing Terrence's head off his body.

"Kid," one of the officers said. "Watch what you say."

"Oh but it is true." The older woman we first met yesterday said with her husband. "we live next door, and the sounds that come out of that house scare me to the bone. Mia's screams at night, make me think she is being skinned alive, and the yelling- oh he yells. And glass shattering."

All the witnesses agreed with the elder woman.

His cold eyes trained on me as he yelled out. "Bullshit."

"Mia, is there any reason for you to lie about this?" One of the officers beside him asked me.

"Uh, no. This is all true, sir. If you don't believe me, I do have, many bruises, and scars that can't be explained. Not to mention-"

"Not to cause anyone disgust, but if you check her below, you may find his DNA in her."

Some of the officers eyebrows shot up at Lisa's accusation. "Please," He scoffed, "she's my daughter."

I looked into the officer that was always his right hand. "Please, I promise I'm not lying."

After a few beats, a couple officers told me to follow them and I did but tugged Terrence along with me. "Uh, Mia, he can-"

"Please. I need him to be with me." I whispered out. The officer nodded and lead us to a room. A few minutes later, someone in a white rob came in and told me to lie down.

She checked my arms, stomach, face, and below.

She then got up slowly and gave me weak smile. She knows.

We all walked back out and the lady went to go grab papers. She came back a few minutes later and handed the papers to an officer. The officer then grabbed handcuffs and grabbed him and handcuffed him. "You are under arrest for abusing our own child, sexually harassing and rape. And not to mention the fact you murdered your own wife. Anything you say or do can be used against you you have a right to a lawyer-" The talking went on but all I could be was happy. I wrapped my arms around Terrence and hugged him tight.

I did it. We did it.

He's gone.

~

Later that night, when we were all watching a movie with the twins- who are now fast asleep, Lisa turned down the volume and looked at me. "Since, he's gone Mia, the officers were concerned because you are only 17. So they asked baou living issues. They had to contact an uncle you have. He lives about 2 hours away and said if it was okay with me and you, you can still live here until graduation, but he will be your legal guardian."

I have an uncle?

"Uh, wow, that's great. I'd like to finish this year at this school. Just I never knew about this uncle."

"You can contact him if you want. I got his number, and address. I will start trying to find out how to build you a room thoug-"

"Oh no Lisa, don't worry about the room."

"Where will you sleep?"

"With me mom. "Terrence said tugging me closer. I think he picked up on the look his mom gave him and he squirmed. "Mom we won't do anything..."

Lisa shook her head and laughed. "Alright I guess, just let me know if you get tired of his snoring Mia."

"I do NOT snore!"

This couldn't be anymore perfect.