Terrence

28 

Mia woke up a few minutes after I did. Her chocolate eyes glowed as they focused on me. "good morning Ter."

"Moring Mi." I said brushing hair away from her face. "Ready to find witnesses today?" I asked softly.

She then sat up and nodded. "Yeah. I want this to be over." I nodded and kissed her cheek softly.

We then got up and ate breakfast, and got ready for the day before heading out. My mom doesn't have to leave for work until 4, so she can watch the twins while Mi and I find people to help testify against her dad. We left around 10 and headed out to the people living right next door.

I knocked on the door and an old woman, probably in her 60's opened the door.

"Hello dears. How are you?"

"Good, ma'am. I would like to introduce ourselves. I'm Terrence, this is Mia. She lives next door."

"Yes, your father came looking for you." The old woman said looking at Mia softly. "Your mother also came to us when you were 3. I don't trust that man."

"HONEY!" Someone called out. I looked behind the woman and saw a man slowly walk down the entry way with a cane. "Oh hello young ones."

"Hello sir." I replied. Mia slid her hand into mine and I gave it a squeeze. I knew she was trying not to panic and hide, it is a lot for her.

"What can we do for you two?"

"Well, seeing as Mia lives next door, we are here on the fact that her father abuses her. We were wondering if you heard anything, such as screaming, yelling or loud noises."

Both of the elders looked at us then at each other. "We have. Numerous times."

"Can you help us?" I asked them.

"How can we help?"

"We are going to testify against her dad, seeing as he abuses her. We would like for you to meet us tomorrow, say 12, at the Police Station. We need you to admit you hear what her dad does, please."

Both of them looked at us in admiration. "Of course. We will see you tomorrow. Terrence, Mia. Hope all goes right Mia." The older man gave us a nod and goodbye and he closed the door.

I then walked with Mia to the end of the driveway and held her close as she let out a breath, shaking softly.

"We're doing this Ter."

"We are Mia, we are."

~

By the time 11 came around, we had 5 people who heard Mia when her dad did what he did to her.

We got home with some Pizza for lunch and decided to just have a movie day. The weather was nice this morning as we went around the block to find people, but now it seems to be down pouring.

After a few movies, I went to grab her something to drink. I grabbed a can of soda and cracked it open in from there here and even held it while giving her a sip.

She then started to laugh and tugged me down on top of her. I almost spilled the soda but put it on the night stand. I looked down at her and saw she was blushing. I gave her a sheepish grin and laid down next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist tugging her close.

"You treat me like a queen." She mumbled hiding behind her hands.

"Because in my world. You are my queen."