Mia

17

We are now on our fifth game of candy land. A game Jamie and Austin seem to love a lot. We teamed up, having Jaime and Terrence together and Austin and I together. Austin and I always lost because we decided after our first win, that Terrence wasn't cut out for losing- he is a poor sport.

Jaime moved her player to the final space and her and Terrence did a cheer. Me and Austin smiled at each other knowing we were just letting them win. After Terrence finished dancing with Jaime he smiled down at me, his eyes glistening with joy.

"Hey, Mi, want to come help me make lunch?"

"Sure." I got up and followed Terrence into the kitchen.

Terrence got out all the sandwich makings and I picked up the jelly and peanut butter, to make the twins their sandwiches.

"Hey, Mi?"

"Hmm?"

"I know you're letting us win."

I let out a fake gasp. "Now why would we do that Ter?"

"I dunno. Why would you?" He asked putting the ham in the sandwich, then some pickles.

"Fine. I admit defeat. You are just such a sore loser, me and Austin decided to just let you win."

"I don't think that is very fair."

"Why not?"

"It's not fun always winning."

"Okay, but when you lose you get this little baby pout on your face. It's cute and all, but kind of a bummer when I win with Austin."

"Well, game on after lunch. What do you say?"

"Sure bring on the Uno."

"Oh, you're going down Mi." I let out a laugh and went to hand the twins their lunch. I then brought them a cup of milk and slid in the Ninja Turtle movie. When I walked back into the kitchen I saw Terrence putting our sandwiches on a plate with Cape Cod chips. "Are we watching the Ninja Turtle movie with Megan Fox?"

"That's the only thing that stick out to you about that movie huh? Not the action, or creepy ass graphics on the rat?"

"His name is Master Splinter, Mi."

"Oh I'm sorry. Did I insult Master Splinter?"

"No you insulted me. Thinking I'm just an average guy who only knows a movie by the hot actress."

I raised an eyebrows at him as he finished his sentence and took a big bite out of his sandwich. I waited a moment before he realized. "You got me admitting it, but I honestly don't just categorize this movie at the Ninja Turtle movie with Megan Fox. Don't judge me like every other guy Mi. Because I'm not every guy." I carefully picked up my plate and gave him a smile.

"Oh, I know."

~

That night I was about ready to fall asleep, my eyes so heavy I couldn't possibly be conscious anymore.

But I was.

I was conscious with my heavy eyes when I felt Terrence's arms softly wrap around my waist and bring me closer to him.

I let my head rest on his shoulder and let my hand lay on his abdomen. I felt him take a deep breath before letting it out and I smiled to myself.

He is too cute. I want to stay.

You can't.

Then I'll just fight like hell to stay. Stay where Terrence Meyers makes me feel safe. And oddly, loved.