Mia

25

The damn car was in the driveway. The car is in the driveway. He's here.

Run back to Terrence's.

I can't. Not now.

He knows I'm here. I see him staring at me from his bedroom window. I quickly walked up the driveway and opened the door only to hear it slam and me being thrown across the room.

"YOU BITCH!" He screamed out, gripping my neck tightly.

He then grabbed my by my hair and dragged me up the stairs. He threw me on the bed and slapped my face.

"You decided to run away huh."

I didn't have the courage to tell him running away would mean me not being here now.

Why didn't you stay with Terrence.

Because I'm stupid. So, so stupid.

He rammed into me and I let out a scream.

He then duct taped my mouth and I tried to get out of his grasp but he just went along. I felt a warm substance slid down my leg and I knew it was blood. The pain ricocheted throughout my body and I turned my body away to stop the pain, but he wouldn't stop. When does he ever stop?

He then picked me up and placed me at the top of the stairs. My shirt that he flung out of the room was beside me, I grabbed it in haste to cover my exposed body. He came back seconds later and shoved me down the stairs.

Everything turned to a haze as I saw him reach for the empty bottles and throw them at me.

I would say a good five minutes later he stopped throwing bottles at me and changed to knives. I dodge them all and hit my head hard on the cabinet.

My world started to fade to black when I saw him head to the garage.

Where he keeps the bat.

No. This will not happen.

Terrence....

"I want to protect you. I will protect you, Mi. Just let me."

Okay. I'll let you.

Get to him Mia. Open the door and run to him.

Stand up Mia. Stand up.

Man down. Man down.

My body ached but not as much as my-

"You little how. Thinking you can run away from me huh?" He tossed the bat aside and ripped my shirt off, tearing it down the middle and throwing it off to the side.

He stared at me in disgust.

"Get your bleeding under control bitch." He then walked up the stair searching for something. I didn't know what and I didn't plan to stick around. I grabbed the duffle bag and grabbed the first shirt.

Terrence's. I slid it on with a pair of my panties, and then grabbed the door knob and started to get up.

Oh my fu...dge.

I opened the door and took a few steps and almost crumbled from the pain flying through my body. I then ran down the driveway, sobbing from the pain. I dove into the trees and in between houses.

I heard him scream out my name, followed by a roar of an engine. I picked up my pace, limping with every step.

Thank god all these houses have big trees and fences.

I saw Terrence's small faded blue house up ahead and beelined for it.

Thank god for fall back, and it being dark at 8 o'clock at night.

I quickly knocked on the door and soon Lisa opened the door. "Oh honey, come in, here let me help you."

I held her hand tightly and winced once I was inside. She just closed the door when I slid down the wall and crumpled to a ball. The pain is too much.

But you made it. You made it out. You made it back to Terrence.