Terrence

32

When I arrived at the house, I was in shock. This guy is loaded. Mia seemed to be on the same page as she looked at it in awe. She slowly got out and I followed her. I held her hand softly as we walked to what seems to be the front door. We rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open it.

When the person opened the door, Mia took in a breath. He wore a slick black suit, sky blue tie, his hair gelled back and black leather loafers shined to the max. His wrist is encased in a silver watch, which looks to be pretty expensive.

"Mia? Oh my,my niece Mia." He said in awe and pulled Mia in for a hug. Mia hugged him back and then pulled away.

"Uh, hi."

"It's- it's great to see you Mia. You look so much like your mom- my sister." Mia nodded and looked down, I grabbed her hand again and she smiled at me.

"Uh, Terrence this is my uncle-"

"Uncle Tim." The man butted in.

"My uncle Tim. Uncle Time this is my very dear friend Terrence. I'm staying at his house until school is over."

"Of course. Come in, come in. I don't mean to be rushing you or anything but I have a big meeting I need to leave for in 15 minutes. So, please come in." Time said, all smiles.

We walked in and took a seat in a comfort room it seems. It just held to black leather couches and two black leather seats. Mia and I sat on the sofa while Tim sat across from us on the seat.

"What brings you here Mia?"

"Um, well you see-"

"If it is the matter of money, Mia, don't be frightened to ask away."

"I well. It is. I just need new clothes, and since you're my guardian-"

"I understand Mia, here."

He shuffled in his pockets and pulled out his wallet, and opened it. He then handed something black over to Mia and I saw it was a credit card.

"That card is for you Mia. I got it last night after everything I heard. You can use it for whatever you like, it holds 4,000 each month- don't argue about the amount okay? I have too much me and my wife don't know what to do."

Mia nodded in awe.

"Oh, also last night, I put you on my phone plan. You can go down to Verizon on Maple Street, they will be waiting for you- you can choose any phone you would like. Unlimited data plan okay?"

Mia nodded in awe, yet again and gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

"Anything Mia, anything. I wouldn't be able to deal with myself if I didn't do anything to help you. Even though your mom may be gone, I can hear the multiple threats she gave me when you were born. I don't tend to break any promise I had with her. The one being, keep you safe and happy. I know money doesn't do that, but I think it is a start. Also Terrence, I was going to call your mom to let her know 2,000 will be added to her account every month to cover and costs Mia has okay?"

I was now nodding in awe.

We left soon after and once we got in the car, Mia asked me something. "Are we going shopping?"

"Yes, after we buy you a phone."

"Can you text the girl and tell them to meet us at the mall?"

"Of course." I said pulling out into traffic. I handed my phone to her. "Why don't you do it Mia."

"Okay." She said softly taking the phone and typing away. When we got to Verizon she got an Iphone 6 in gold. She added some contacts that we both knew, like Matt, Harry, Nick, Hannah, Marissa, and Amanda- oh and she added me with a little winky face.

I then added her before heading off to the mall. "Uh Ter?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are my clothes going to go?"

"Well my closet is empty except my few dressy/ fancy shirts. It also only holds like 2 jackets, so you can have that. Plus my dresser has an empty drawer at the bottom, and 3 small ones on the far left side. Out of the 8 drawers I only use 4. Now our socks may have to share, and yeah- you can figure out the rest."

She nodded and then kissed my cheek.

"You do so much for me, and I can't even compensate."

"You do, though. You do. "

Because you let me love you, cherish you, smile with you, laugh with you- you make me happy.