Mia

33

This is a first. Shopping with 3 friends at the mall, with guys holding our bags, and it is nice.

The girls and I have made it rhew about 3 shops before heading into Icing. It's like a spin of more older teen version of Claire's. The girls had way fewer bags than I did. Terrence is holding about 5 out of my 13 bags. He insists on holding more but I don't want him to.

He has already done enough to help me.

After the girls decided to head into Victoria's Secret the guys decided to walk away. Though next to the shop was a guy's place and Terrence looked at this shirt, it was a navy blue with faded out white letters along the left side. I decided to go get it for him.

We got back to Terrence's all but 2 hours later and when we were putting everything away Terrence called out. "Mi, what is this?" I turned around and saw him holding the shirt. I shrugged and he gave me a smile. "Thanks."

I blushed and just nodded. When we finished putting everything away he took my head and lead us out of the house.

He drove off down the street and to a park. He led me to a more secluded part and pulled out a blanket and basket from the bushes. He set up the blanket and I blushed sitting down next to him. Eh pulle dout turkey sandwiches, a tin of chips, a tin of strawberries and a container of chocolate. He also got out raspberry iced teas, along with a small container of raspberries.

It was a quiet picnic but it was romantic all the same.

"So Mia, I wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead." I smiled softly at hi. He blushed and took my hands in his.

"Well, we've gone farther than normal friends would have-" cue red face."But that's what I like about us, about you. And I always want to be there for you in those weird trust stretching times. I want to be your boyfriend." he took a small pause reading my face.

My face should show excitement but I think it is showing shock. "Mia, will you please be my girlfriend?"

I broke out into a smile and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling me closer to him. "Of course." He broke out into a huge grin and cupped my face softly, before going to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss and almost melted right then.

His lips weren't magic- but they were to me. They made my body melt, my stomach tingly, my heart to flutter. He pulled away a few moments later, both of us trying to catch our breath. Yet the only thing on my mind was , "Took you long enough."

~

When we entered school the next day, it was different. Terrence was holding my hand but we both had this smile about us. Like our relationship was finally classified it made us both happier. His friends noticed and shook their heads at us both.

I think over the past few weeks, I've really come out of my shell. I used to be so quiet, and now that I have Terrence and good friends like Marissa, Hannah and Amanda have opened up to be, I'm becoming who my mom always imagined- dreamed of.

And it makes me feel on top of the world, finalizing her last dream of letting me be the best I ever could be.

And it's all thanks to Terrence Meyers.

Because he never saw me as the quiet loner girl. He saw something more.