Terrence

6

In our school we have a set time we are allowed to go to the bathroom. When I walked back into the classroom almost 8 minutes later, Mrs. Marriotte sent me to the office. I tried to explain why I was late but she just sent me off to work independently in the office.

My friends let out laughs and I would have flipped them off if it didn't have to do with the teacher watching me. On my way out I took a look at the empty seat near the window and sighed noticing Mia wasn't here.

When I went to the bathroom I would have made it on time. If it weren't for Allison and a couple of her friends trying to get into my pants, I wouldn't be on my way to the office. Though without those sluts- excuse my language, kind of- I wouldn't see Mia enter the school and quickly walk to the office. I ran to the door to quietly listen in.

From the glimpse I got of her she looked absolutely stunning. She is stunning everyday, though. Her hair looked frazzled by running most likely because her breathing was still a little ragged. Though her curled brown hair still made me want to run my fingers through it a million times

I heard nothing from inside the office besides some shuffling of paper. Then I heard the office lady speak up, "The bell will ring in a minute. Go to second period then."

Everything became quiet again. I went to walk in and tell the lady why I was sent in, and also to catch a glimpse of Mia. Though, I ran right into her. I grabbed her forearm to stop her from falling. When she was standing I laid a hand on her waist to make sure she was steady on her feat. I moved to let go of her but felt something on her wrist. I looked down and noticed red marks.

Though the raised red marks lining her wrist were by no circumstances of her cutting herself. They were something else. She then ripped her hand away from my grasp. She cradled the wrist in her arms and stared at me in horror.

I scanned over her face seeing yellow marks hidden by the concealer she used to cover up her marks. But why would she have those marks in the first place?

She then grabbed her bag in a haste and bolted down the hallway and into the bathroom. I stared after her for a minute before looking away. I went to walk into the office and my foot hit something. I bent down to pick the dark purple pouch up and came upon a bag of concealer. I looked back towards the bathrooms and sighed safely holding it and walking the few feet to my locker and setting it safely inside.

I then walked into the office and took a seat waiting for the bell.

~

Lunch rolled around quicker than I thought. But it was slow all the same. Mia was avoiding me. She must be embarrassed about what I saw. But the thing was, does she think I will tell everyone about it? That I will mock her? I hope not. I was walking to lunch with Harry, Nick and Matt. We were almost passed the crowd when I caught eyes with Mia. She quickly looked away and rushed passed by me.

I would have gone after her if it weren't for Nick throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Come on Meyers. We got food to eat, people watch, and stuff to talk about." I looked back for Mia once more but couldn't find her.

Sighing I headed for the pizza in the lunch line and then grabbed fries, paying for my lunch and plopping down by Harry and Nick. Amanda sat across from me and gave me a flirty look.

Realizing I packed a lunch I set it aside. It was just a Pb and J anyway. I looked to the door almost every minute waiting for Mia to walk through. But she didn't. Doesn't she eat? Shoving my lunch into me I quickly ate before the bell rang.

I headed off to 4th when the bell rang and sat down next to Mia.

This year, I magically found out which classes she was taking and took most of them. Now as we sat in english next to each other I noticed I forgot her bag. I almost cursed when I realized I could give it to her after school. Smiling I took out my notebook and took the notes the teacher was writing down.

I don't have 5th with her but I'm pretty sure she has art class.

I waited outside against my car surveying the front doors. I saw her slide through the crowd and down the steps to the outskirts of the parking lot. I didn't want to confront her in the middle of the parking lot so I waited until she was a few feet down the sidewalk. I ran after her and wrapped my fingers around her elbow and stopped her from walking.

She gasped in shock upon seeing me and I gave her a soft smile to show I mean no harm.

"Hi, Mia." I was out of breath from the quick sprint - but also by her simple beauty. Her lips formed a thin line, taunting me to kiss the plump pink skin.

"Terrence, Hi." Her voice was music to my ears. I don't mean to sound sappy or overly romantic, but her voice brought a joy to me.

I smiled as her and shuffled on my feet. I grabbed the brown bag, I got from the office, and handed it to her. Inside is my lunch box and her purple pouch.

She looked at it closely before grabbing it and opening the bag. "You dropped your pouch when I ran into you..."

She looked at me closely before looking back down at the ground.

"Thank you. Bye Terrence."

She then turned and quickly walked away from me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before turning back to the parking lot and heading off to football practice. I looked back to her and saw her head down the street.

Sighing I thought back to my walk the other night. Who were those screams? They couldn't be Mia's right?

But if they were that would explain the strange marks along her wrists and face. Does she have more covered elsewhere? Who is Mia Ringwald, and why does she seem so broken?